Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help Needed With Honeymoon Planning

• marshalmissy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2011

I'm going on my honeymoon late March 2014. I'll have 12 days and will start in BKK. I'm thinking a few days in Bangkok is all I need, but not sure where to go from there. My priorities, in order, are:

1. good food (not fancy food, just good local food)
    2. culture (temples, cooking class) & sightseeing (food markets, shopping)
    3. outdoor activities (snorkel, kayak, beach). I'm not looking for a party or club scene, nothing too commercial or touristy, but don't mind live shows such as Thai boxing or dance.

I was thinking a good itinerary may be Bangkok-Chaing Mai-Koh Chang. Now the question is once I fly into BKK, should I go to Chaing Mai and then to Koh Chang, or vice versa. I'll also need to figure out how to get to these locations. Taking a train from BKK to Chaing Mai sounds reasonable--that was we can see some of the country side along the way. Anyone have any transportation suggestions for me? I'm open to trains, buses, planes, river cruise, etc.

If you feel like there is another island or beach I should consider, please let me know and your reasons for suggesting it. :-) This is probably going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us and I'd like to do everything I can to soak the country up.

Any input will be appreciated and thanks for reading my post!

#1 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 19:12

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

It's a honeymoon right? Then go stay at a nice resort on an island and do what honeymooners do. Koh Chang is a good choice. Either fly to Trat or book a bus/ferry combo from Bangkok hotel. Done.

#2 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 19:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Honeymoon planning.... ... By Sparkle on 5 Jan 2007 2 1284 6 Jan 2007
Honeymoon Planning, Weather in May ... By lars6685 on 14 Oct 2008 4 2305 17 Oct 2008