Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok from 1-9 of Oct needs help !

Posted by tantan on 24/7/2013 at 03:57

Hello all,
Me and my wife are doing our first backpacking in Bangkok and need some help for the itinerary would be much appreciate.We'll landing Don Mueng airport,my plan is to Khao San road and the interesting places near by....Samut Songkhram,Maeklong train market,Kanchanaburi.......
If anyone doing the same plan are most welcome to join together.

Thanks and Regards,
tt

#1 tantan has been a member since 23/3/2011. Posts: 50

Posted by tantan on 1/8/2013 at 01:48

Hi all,
Is that worth to stay in Samut Songkhram/Maeklong or a day trip ?How about Hua Hin ?Any suggestion please ?

Thanks,
tt

#2 tantan has been a member since 23/3/2011. Posts: 50

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 1/8/2013 at 10:32

Married couple going to KSR? Why? It's a trashy backpacker ghetto. Find a decent hotel on the Skytrain. They only cost $50-70 a night.

I visited Hua Hin a few weeks ago and it's as busy as hell with the whole beach area built out. It's also very expensive for a good hotel and restaurant prices are a rip off.

I would suggest you bus/ferry it to Ko Chang or fly down to Krabi.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by DLuek on 1/8/2013 at 11:51 TF writer

I love Samut Songkhram. It makes a great day trip but Amphawa is a lovely town with some interesting hotels.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by tantan on 2/8/2013 at 02:09

Hi all,

Thank you LeonardCohen1,actually I'm 50 so would like to experience in KSR.Kanchanaburi and Samut Songkhram are my first choice as Hua Hin is my second choice.
Thank you DLuek,I'll do some research and decide to stay or day trip.

Rgrds,
tt

#5 tantan has been a member since 23/3/2011. Posts: 50

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.