Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok from 1-9 of Oct needs help !

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hello all,
    Me and my wife are doing our first backpacking in Bangkok and need some help for the itinerary would be much appreciate.We'll landing Don Mueng airport,my plan is to Khao San road and the interesting places near by....Samut Songkhram,Maeklong train market,Kanchanaburi.......
    If anyone doing the same plan are most welcome to join together.

Thanks and Regards,
    tt

#1 Posted: 24/7/2013 - 03:57

• Advertisement

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi all,
    Is that worth to stay in Samut Songkhram/Maeklong or a day trip ?How about Hua Hin ?Any suggestion please ?

Thanks,
    tt

#2 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 01:48

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Married couple going to KSR? Why? It's a trashy backpacker ghetto. Find a decent hotel on the Skytrain. They only cost $50-70 a night.

I visited Hua Hin a few weeks ago and it's as busy as hell with the whole beach area built out. It's also very expensive for a good hotel and restaurant prices are a rip off.

I would suggest you bus/ferry it to Ko Chang or fly down to Krabi.

#3 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 10:32

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

I love Samut Songkhram. It makes a great day trip but Amphawa is a lovely town with some interesting hotels.

#4 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 11:51

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi all,

Thank you LeonardCohen1,actually I'm 50 so would like to experience in KSR.Kanchanaburi and Samut Songkhram are my first choice as Hua Hin is my second choice.
    Thank you DLuek,I'll do some research and decide to stay or day trip.

Rgrds,
    tt

#5 Posted: 2/8/2013 - 02:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.