Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

somewhere quiet for Christmas

• justlikethis

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are travelling around south east Asia and for Christmas we want to be in Thailand somewhere in the south perhaps on the islands and we want somewhere where we can just relax and enjoy a calm and quiet Christmas. If anyone has any advice as to where our best bet would be please share with me! Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/7/2013 - 19:11

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Here's some ideas:

Thai islands to lose yourself on

Thai islands for nature lovers

Other low key islands include Ko Phayam, Ko Jum, Ko Si Boya and Ko Yao Yai / Noi.

If you want to experience three very different (but all great) islands, I recommend doing a triangle from Ko Bulon Lae to Ko Lipe (could day trip or overnight on Ko Adang / Ko Rawi from Lipe) and onto Ko Tarutao.

#2 Posted: 24/7/2013 - 22:34

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

I would pick Lanta. It's not busy but not dead quiet either. You'll be able to do a boat trip to the Trang islands also. Kantiang Bay is a good area to stay in - southern end of the island.

#3 Posted: 25/7/2013 - 20:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.