Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

itinerary for a week

• hang

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2007

this is my first time to thailand. could somebody help me to create an itinerary for a week. i'll be arriving at bangkok from singapore and that's about it.
    i would prefer an activity based vacation and knowing the locals there.
    i'll go there with three of my friends, all male. right now our rough idea was to just like this
    bangkok - ayuthya - phuket - bangkok.
    btw we are students and have very tight budget.
    is ayuthya really worth the trip?

#1 Posted: 16/7/2007 - 22:53

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

IMHO you need 2 days for Bangkok (major sites: Emerald Buddha, Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha, longtail boat trip etc) and 1 day for Ayuthaya (rent a bicycle for 60TBH/day and see all major sites).
    But I am not sure about Phuket. If you want start your trip right now, weather condition will be not so comfortable. Also keep in mind that journey to Phuket will take you 14 hours by bus.

#2 Posted: 17/7/2007 - 11:20

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Hey,
    I think that in only a week you would be hard pressed to go to Phuket as well as the other places, unless you fly... but if you are wanting to conserve money maybe that is not an option. Although you can get cheap flights...
    I think you can see the main sights of BKK in one day (a busy day tho) - Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Emerald Buddha, maybe a river trip (and look at Wat Arun too). I personally love Ayuttaya, (depends a bit on how much you like old temples...) and I always try to do an over night stay. Then you can get a tuk tuk around the temples on one day, and do a canal trip in the morning the other day... It is possible to do a one day trip to Ayuttya from BKK, but it would be pretty rushed. And you may not see all the cool stuff. It is great to see the temples from the river and canals, it is totally different. After that, if you want to laze on the beach and are pressed for time, I would suggest going to Ko Samet. It is about 3 hours by bus from BKK (and it is easy to get there, just go to the Eastern Bus Terminal - from Ekkamai BTS station - it is only about 50 m from the station, then there are heaps of signs to all sorts of places. And you can get a joint bus/ferry ticket. Samet has good beaches, there are interesting bars if thats what you like, and also it is not as over the top as Phuket. And there are quite a good range of things to do. Hope that helps. ALISON

#3 Posted: 18/7/2007 - 15:22

• hang

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2007

thank you so much for both replies. it has helped me a lot. maybe i would ditch the phuket and definitely go to ko samet. did some research and looks like it is a very nice beach. thank you for pointing that out.

#4 Posted: 18/7/2007 - 18:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.