Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Itinerary help

• Zach

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2013

Hi there!

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Thailand this coming February and it would be of great help if anyone could give some advice as to where to go.

We will travel for 2 - 3 weeks on a student's budget, however would like to splurge for a few nights in a beach resort.

Despite us both being active individuals, we would like the holiday to be relaxing and largely beach based.

I know there's a LOT to do and see in Thailand, however I've always preferred spending at least a few days in places and being able to get a feel for them rather than being constantly on the move and unsettled.

So I guess the perfect Thai holiday for us will consist of beautiful beaches, a lot of relaxing, a chunk of partying and perhaps a touch of culture... Oh and maybe some romance for good measure.

Cool.. Can anyone plot our route through Thailand considering the above?

Thanks so much!!!
    Cheers

#1 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 10:35

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Thailand has many islands. Did you read the reviews on this site?

#2 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 10:42

• Zach

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2013

Yes many, many islands! Hence why I thought I'd give some of the characteristics we're looking for in our holiday and hope that someone may narrow down the options.

#3 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 10:58

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

You said relaxing so perhaps islands like Chang, Lanta but they are far apart.

Depends which airport you are flying into.

Many go Phuket=Phi Phi-Krabi-Lanta

Or you could go to Chang/Wai/Maak/Kood

Or Samui/KPN/Tao

Or Trangs islands like Mook/Ngai/Kradan or even head out to Lipe.

Up to you. There's no real bad option.

#4 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 11:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.