Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

BANGKOK-

• evacondes

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Hi again,
    does anyone know the guest house called Bangkok house?
    It's placed at 210 soi samsen 1 phranakorn bangkok.
    Is it in a good area? Is it near the centre?
    Thanks.
    E.

#1 Posted: 17/7/2007 - 18:10

• Advertisement

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

I'm sorry but I don't know where that Guest House is but I do know Bangkok quite well.

There is no actual 'centre' to Bangkok so I will assume that you want to know if it is near Khao San Road with all of the backpacker hovels, The Grand Palace, Wat Pho and the Chao Phraya River. The answer is yes. Is it in a good area? Debatable, but you probably won't find cheaper accommodation anywhere else.

#2 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 00:22

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I know it. Samsen Soi 1 is very close to Klong Banglamphoo (Banglamphoo Canal). From the top of KSR (at the police station and across the road from the temple), turn right and walk north along Chakhraphong, through the intersection at Phra Athit, over the canal, and then turn left onto Soi 1. It is signed. Don't take the pathway that runs along the river because that is not Soi 1. Odd numbered roadways leading off Samsen are on the Chao Phraya River side of the road (the west side).

I agree ... it IS a good area. Close to the river, walking distance to the main temples, etc., and some great spots to eat.

#3 Posted: 24/7/2007 - 02:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.