Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Live aboard Phuket

• boaby

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2011

I would like to do a live aboard from Phuket. With view to doing Burma banks Any recommendations ?

Safe travels boaby

#1 Posted: 7/8/2013 - 17:04

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi there, there will be live aboard's running from Phuket. They will probably go via the Similan Islands up towards Burma.

Personally I think you would be better off price wise leaving from Ranong further up the coast. You will then be able to see some of the Similans and then head up to the Banks.

I have dived the Similans and it is first class and have only heard good reports about the Burma Banks.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 10/8/2013 - 01:55

• christof

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Yes. Liveaboards go from Phuket & Khao Lak to Similan Islands and Burma.

However, Burma trips from Phuket & Khao Lak are likely to be long trips 5+ days. For shorter trips then better to go from Ranong - company that springs to mind is Smiling Seahorse (no afilliation).

Also, I have heard from divers that Burma has had a lot of blast fishing and in some places there are very few fish because of this, Apparently the macro is very good and different to Thailand.

Other options for you could be to look into visiting the Surin Islands or Richelieu Rock - which is still striking.

Good luck

#3 Posted: 10/8/2013 - 02:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Similan Islands Live-aboard Snorkelling Trip ... By tezza on 24 Apr 2008 0 6121 24 Apr 2008