Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Tao September - to reserve or not to reserve?

• NataliaPi

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

I am planning to go to Ko Tao in september for some diving, getting there around the 3rd or 4th.

As far as I have read, this is right after peak season, so I was wondering whether I should book accommodation, or if I can just show up and find accommodation there. I usually tend to travel off-season, and never book.
    This time I actually have found a place that I booked online for september, but I still have a few days to cancel the reservation, as usually the places you find online are not necessarily the best.

I just would like to know your opinion - in off-season I actually liked just walking into places and seeing them before booking them. Very undecided. What do you guys say? Keep the reservation, or cancel it and walk in?

Thanks for your help :)

#1 Posted: 16/8/2013 - 07:38

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Most good hotels are listed online. Depends whether you are happy with the price or not.

#2 Posted: 18/8/2013 - 07:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
To reserve, or not to reserve? ... By tokyobelle on 14 Jun 2006 3 1330 16 Jun 2006
To reserve... or not to reserve? ... By nickdawes on 11 Nov 2008 1 942 12 Nov 2008
Need to reserve in advance? ... By ComingtoThailand on 3 Jun 2006 1 1285 3 Jun 2006
Yading Nature Reserve in Sichuan ... By Elisabell on 15 Jul 2014 0 206 15 Jul 2014
Danum Vally or Tabin Wildlife Reserve??? ... By Joey82 on 21 Jul 2011 0 2182 21 Jul 2011