Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand/Malaysia itinerary- 20.09-11.10

• mistral

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2013

Hi, I'm planning to travel through Thailand, visit Kuala Lumpur and finish in Singapur. Trip starts around 20.09 and finishes around 11.10 (I have to go back to school in October, I'll skip first 2 weeks anyway). This is going to be my first experience in Asia. I've read a lot so far but I figured out it's a good idea to post here and get some advices from experienced travellers.

I want to experience city night life of Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapur but what I'm really into is travel and absorbtion of surrounding nature. I want to make a good movie from this trip and some timelapses so if you could (maybe later on) give some advices about some scenic place on the way.

I'm still a little bit worried about the weather, but I don't want to spend this trip only on the beach.

So lets begin with what I already did manage to put together:

20.09 flight from Berlin
    21.09 arrival in Bangkok (Saturday, 2 nights)
    22.09 Bangkok
    23.09 taking night train to Chumphon at 19:45 (arrival at 4 on Tuesday)
    24.09 from Chumphon by ferry Ko Tao (Tuesday at 7, arrival around 9, one night stay)
    25.09 ferry from Ko Tao to Ko Samui (2 nights on Ko Samui, leaving on Friday)
    26.09 Ko Samui
    27.09 from Ko Samui by ferry to Surat Thani (arrival on Friday evening, finding a place to stay)
    28.09 renting a bike in Surat Thani and heading to Phuket through Khao Sok National Park
    29.09 Khao Sok National Park- whole day
    30.09 leaving to Phuket
    1.10 PHUKET
    2.10 PHUKET
    3.10 PHUKET
    4.10 PHUKET- leaving in the morning to Surat Thani
    5.10 Leaving in the morning by train from Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur, train at 8:11
    6.10 Kuala Lumpur - arrival at 5:20
    7.10 Kuala Lumpur
    8.10 Kuala Lumpur- leaving on the night train to Singapuru
    9.10 Singapur- arrival in the morning
    10.10 Singapur
    11.10 Singapur

What do You think? Not to much?;) And is it a good idea to rent a bike in Surat Thani for travel to Phuket? I know how to handle riding. How much aprox would it cost?

Thanks in advance for reading and evalution.

#1 Posted: 20/8/2013 - 16:28

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Far too much rushing around and Bangkok is more interesting than both Singapore and KL. At the very least take off KL if not Singapore as well. Bangkok is also the best value for your dollar.

1 day in Khao Sok isn't enough.
    1-2 nights on Tao and Samui isn't enough

I prefer Krabi over Phuket because it's more relaxed, better value and the scenary is better.

BKK-TAO-SAMUI-KHAO SOK-KRABI

That's what I would suggest and skip the other places.

"I'm still a little bit worried about the weather"

Not much to worry about compared to Berlin. It will be a lot hotter so pack summer clothes only.

#2 Posted: 20/8/2013 - 19:09

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

If you rent a bike in Surat you'd have to return it there. You can do one way car hire with the major companies like Budget/Avis but not sure about the bike situation with them or even if they hire bikes. If you hire bikes from small places you'll have to return to same place.

You might want to add on Kanchanaburi (near bangkok) as it has good nature as well.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2013 - 20:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.