Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

My BKK trip

• Rebecca94

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2013

Talking about Bangkok, most people may think about a big busy city likeothers capital cities in the world. I have to admit that it is true but it isjust half of it. Bangkok is like others big cities and busy as others capitalsbut it still has another side remaining an old town-like and slow lifestyle.

My stay at SSIP BOUTIQUE DHEVEJ BANGKOK brought me those kinds offeelings as I looked for a hotel in Ratthanakosin island, just to escape frombusy life of center of Bangkok. This hotel locates in an old Bangkok area, aperfect location for walking to Thewet pier only about 5 minutes where I amable to take express boats to many attraction places in Ratthanakosin island suchas The Grand Palace, The Temple of Reclining Buddha, The Temple of the Dawn, Thewetmarket, etc. Talking about Thewet pier, feeding fish is a DO NOT MISS activity. There were like thousand of Swais cramming for food or bread I gavethem!! Breakfast at SSIP is a highlight. They are traditional Thai dishes whichwe can choose for pork rice set or chicken rice set decorated as traditional Thaistyle. Also, the traditional Thai desserts and tropical fruits are sofabulous!! I stayed at SSIP for 4 nights and tasted different dishes anddesserts every day. Staffs at SSIP are also very friendly and helpful. Theyalways asked about places I would visit and gave me directions, advised, andeven called the taxi for me.

The weather wasn't that hot because there was a light rain which wasn't a trouble with my traveling in Bangkok. I went to Grand palace in the morning,so I still had time for visiting The Temple of Reclining Buddha which is veryclose to The Grand Palace. Grand palace is not only a tourist's attraction, itis also a place for Thais because it is closed to Wat Phra Kaew where they wentto pay respect to the statue of the Emerald Buddha with Flower, little candle,and joss sticks (Sorry guys, I couldn't take any pictures because it wasn't allowed to take pictures.) The statues of giants are other spots to takepictures with because each of them is different. After walked through the gate(by following other tourists), there is the Grand Palace which is huge and verybeautiful. Then I walked to Reclining Buddha temple or Wat-Pho which is ascrowded as the Grand Palace. Both of them are famous attractions. There were alot of tourists there as well. What I found here was not only the statue of RecliningBuddha itself that's interesting, Thai massage in Wat-Pho is very famous andpopular but I didn't try it because of a long queue. I don't like crowded placepersonally, it takes too much energy out of me. So, I decided to try a coconutjuice sold at in front of Wat-Pho. Drinking a cold fresh coconut juice helpedme to relieve my energy a lot! However I was so tired to go anywhere else fornow, so I decided to go back to the hotel to relax before I went out toKhao-san road in the evening.

Khao-san road was a realnight-life street. Saying that it has everything travelers need is not exaggerated.There were a lot of shops, clubs, bars, guesthouses, hotels, bookstores, travelagents, food trucks and much more. So now I know where to go if I need anythingbecause it took only like 5 minutes from SSIP, my hotel, by taxi. I tried ahenna painting, Thai massage (a bit too expensive here compared to Wat-Pho),and also Pad-Thai from food truck. And that's it for me today! It's time to goback and charge my energy back.

#1 Posted: 20/8/2013 - 22:14

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

spam ^

#2 Posted: 21/8/2013 - 19:50

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

A distinct possibility. I always get a kick out of these "Kumbaya" like posts.

#3 Posted: 22/8/2013 - 01:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.