Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Island/beach starting tomorrow - desperately seeking advice!

• saramac

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2013

Hi everyone - I am currently in Siem Reap and ready to leave TOMORROW (nothing like last minute "planning"....) and head for a beach, relaxed getaway until about September 1. I've done too much research, and the more I do the less clear I get, and - I'm leaving tomorrow! So, I'm really desperate for some help! I have no idea where to go/how to get there... I know I've posted in the Thailand forum, but am up for anything (except Vietnam, I can't get a visa in time). I will likely fly from here (willing to do connecting flights if needed, and obviously up for additional transport after that - but don't want to spend days getting somewhere). Here is my wish list to give you a better idea of what I'm looking for: I'm looking for gorgeous beaches, I really appreciate beautiful natural scenery - like the karsts (I really want to see this type of scenery), nature, animals, whatever. I'm not interested in the uber budget kind of trip - I've been doing that for about a month and ready to be a little luxurious. I don't have to be able to dive and don't need to really party (boring, I know, but I'm looking to just chill, not spend the time wasted!) I would like the option of some things to do, but don't need tour operators everywhere. I am also willing to island hop a little bit (in fact, that could be fun). I don't like too too touristy.

During my travels, I've received so much advice. I don't think I am interested in Phuket or Phi Phi (that coast's weather, I've heard, isn't as good right now - but is it equally bad in the gulf?). Then last night people started telling me to think about Bali or the islands off of Cambodia or Laos (the more information I get, the more confused I get). I am thinking Samui, with the option to hit some smaller islands near there? I have no idea.

So, given the time of year, my short timeframe, what I'm looking for - can someone just tell me where to go/what to do? I've posted on here before and have always gotten such excellent advice.

Thank you in advance!

Sara

#1 Posted: 28/8/2013 - 20:39

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"I really appreciate beautiful natural scenery - like the karsts (I really want to see this type of scenery)"

fly to trang or krabi

railay or ko muk would suit you. If you want to be closer to some nightlife and activities go for railay. if you want quiet go for muk.

other option is fly to samui but flights are expensive. or you could fly surat then ferry to samui

#2 Posted: 28/8/2013 - 21:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Seeking an Ultimate Backpackers Island ... By Phiddy on 6 Dec 2011 18 2589 19 Dec 2011
Seeking Advice on Myanmar Itinerary ... By valerie1213 on 10 Apr 2012 4 2345 16 Apr 2012
Seeking Advice: 6 month itinerary ... By Msalkinder on 13 Jun 2012 4 3417 7 Aug 2012
6 weeks in Thailand: seeking advice ... By esseestpercipi on 5 May 2014 9 943 6 May 2014