Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 weeks in thailand in February

• Natb502

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2013

Hi. I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice about my planned itinerary for my boyfriend and I next February ( I've never been to thailand or really travelling) :

4 nights/5 days in Bangkok including day trip to Ayutthaya
    Then fly to Chang Mai and stay for 5 nights ( including thai cookery course, elephants etc)
    Then fly to Phuket and then this is where I'm not sure what to do with the next 9 days..... I'm been religiously reading blogs/guides/ posts about recommendations for Islands to visit. From what I've gathered Phuket and koh phi phi have gone down hill but they are supposed to have the nicest beaches. Any recommendations of where to stay and any trips would be greatly appreciated! We aren't really interested in getting drunk/ partying. More interested in beautiful beaches and amazing experiences etc.

#1 Posted: 22/9/2013 - 07:32

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

February is generally a very good time for Thailand, post-peak season usually sunny and dry, but up north it can start to get hazy when farmers burn their fields, but usually not until end of the month. Don't book any of your activities (cooking course, elephants, etc.) in advance. Wait until you are in CM then you will get the best local advice, selection and price. Direct flights CM- Phuket on Air Asia twice daily and Thai Smile once daily, but book those well in advance for best price. Phuket is expensive, especially tuk tuks and taxis which are a rip-off. Phi Phi is expensive too by Thailand standards, but at least everywhere is more or less walkable and it does have some nice sand and sea. Ko Lanta is a bit further by ferry, but I like it for the extra elbow room and that you can rent a scooter and explore the whole island to check out different beaches, and there are some nice walks to caves and waterfalls.

#2 Posted: 22/9/2013 - 08:50

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Visit Ko Hong, awesome beach. Stay in Krabi around the Ao Nang area. Lots of great tours to do.

#3 Posted: 22/9/2013 - 21:24

• brendannn

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2013
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 24

For your elephants in CM I'd recommend Elephant Nature Park. I was there this time last year, it was such a great experience.

I was on Phi-Phi in Feb this year, and I didn't mind it. There are a heap more people, plus all the day trippers. There are still some nice quiet areas you can find if you have a look around.

Koh Lanta seemed more relaxed to me also. Nice beaches, plenty of jungle to explore too.

#4 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 22:57

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Total reviews: 3

Captain Bob where is your guesthouse located in CM?

#5 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 23:17

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I've heard great things about this place and I'm probably going to check this island out with my buddy this February: http://www.kohjumonline.com/

@LeonardCohen, can you make any comparison between Ko Hong and Ko Jum?

Anyone any thoughts on the Similan Islands? Ko Phayam/Ko Chang area?

#6 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 02:34

• nsb502

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2011

Hi everyone thanks for your replies. We have now booked krabi for 2 nights, Koh Phi Phi for 2 nights and then Koh lanta for 4 nights. Any recommendations on trips tours etc would be greatly appreciated! The 4 island trip sounds brilliant will definitely be doing that along with the trip to maya bay!

#7 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 06:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.