Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao San Road Hostels/Guesthouses

Posted by crystalrsh on 23/9/2013 at 15:57

I am arriving in Bangkok late Feb. 23rd and I would like something close to the airport but not to far away from Khao San Road. Any recommendations on cheap hotels/guesthouses? How far of a drive is it from the airport to Khao San Road?

#1 crystalrsh has been a member since 19/8/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/9/2013 at 21:17 admin

Both airports are around 45 minutes to 1.5 hours from Khao San Road by taxi (depending on traffic), so it's a bit of an either or. Our listings of KSR places is here but none of these are anywhere near the airport.

Also, which airport? Bangkok has two.

Cheers!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by crystalrsh on 24/9/2013 at 09:00

Its the suvarnahubi international airport...may have spelled that wrong lol. I was thinking about staying at Refill Now! because I read that it is close to the airport 20-30 minutes. Just want to pick the safest and quickest possible way to get to my guesthouse/hostel since I will be arriving at night. I can make the trip during the day to Khao San Road, just didn't know how far it was from the airport. Thanks!

#3 crystalrsh has been a member since 19/8/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 9

Posted by Alex_Design on 25/9/2013 at 12:33

Maybe this is something for you:
http://www.bangpli.com/

#4 Alex_Design has been a member since 21/8/2005. Posts: 8

Posted by Blackartemis on 26/9/2013 at 00:14

Side note, you are off the BTS and MRT lines when staying in this area and are subject to the inflated prices of tuk tuks and taxis.

If you are coming into the city via BKK as you said, you can take the airport link to the BTS line, else look at a 300+ so I Baht taxi ride.

Not very good with guest houses in Bangkok.

I stayed at one that was close to my GF's place when I wasn't allowed to sleep over (new relationship it was improper) sadly it was in the Nana area, so I had to dodge working girls every step, and 25% weren't girls haha.

#5 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.