Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

How to get to Ayutthaya from Bangkok

• dore536

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2013

Hi everybody,
    I would like to reach Ayutthaya from Bangkok by boat in the afternoon and to come back 2 days later by train (or the other way round).
    Does anyone have a website link where I can see prices/timetable to eventually book 1 way? or does anyone know if there is a "public" boat service which links Bangkok-Ayutthaya, in the way to avoid the classical trips organized by travel agencies (train + boat) to be more independent?
    Thanx in advance :)

#1 Posted: 26/9/2013 - 09:14

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

There are no public boats. There's a 'tourist boat cruise' type of thing from Ayutthaya to River City shopping center in Bangkok. When I checked around nine months ago it left Ayutthaya at noon, took 2.5 hours and cost 1,250 baht per person -- pretty steep if you ask me. I assume you can catch it both ways though I've never inquired about it in Bangkok.

Otherwise it's train from Hualamphong (or Bang Sue or Don Muang), regular bus from Morchit or minibus from Victory Monument. Of those my preference would be bus from Morchit because it's cheap, comfortable and reliable. I tried the train once and it took like four hours (train was late - as usual - and it just takes longer b/c it's slow and starts from a lot further south in Bangkok). Minibus is fast but cramped. More info here:

http://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/ayutthaya/ayutthaya/all

#2 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 09:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.