Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

rough itinerary

• ricardo4

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hi, ive made a rough (very rough) itinerary for my trip to thailand in jan/feb

Day 1 - arrive in bkk, spend maybe 3 days their sightseeing, enjoying the nightlife. Im sure ive read that their is a night river cruise, how do i go about finding it and how much roughly?

Day 4 - travel to kanchanburi, to see the river kwai and stay on the floating hotels, are they expensive? And what is the best way to get their from bkk?

Day 6 - this is where im stuck as i want to spend the last 10 days in krabi and koh lanta so where is the best place to stay for 3/4 days on the way to krabi, maybe half way as i know its about a 12 hour journey from kanchanburi to krabi? So any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Day 10 - Krabi, want to spend 5 days here to relax, where in krabi is a decent place not to expensive tho but near the beach?

Day 15 - Koh Lanta, just want a relaxing beach with some bar? If anyone knows sonewhere else then im open to ideas! How do you get to koh lanta from krabi?

Day 20 - head back to bangkok, maybe 1 last night in bkk, whats the best way to get back without flying!

Sorry theirs so many questions but im open to everyones ideas and advi

#1 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 01:13

• Advertisement

• adammont

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2011

Hi Ricardo,

2 years ago me and my gf spent 3 days in bangkok, headed to kanchanaburi by private mini bus then headed south to koh samui side.

We got a public bus from Kanchanaburi to Ratchaburi where we got the overnight train south to Chumpon and stayed there for a few days before island hopping. It was fun and an easy way to travel. We got a bit lost in ratchaburi but it was fun! Chumpon is a bit of a city, but we just chilled out in beach bungalows and had BBQs and lazed by the pool!

We are heading back to thailand again in Jan 2014 and flyinh from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (spend a week here) and then fly to phuket. Getting to Koh Lanta by ferry seems to be easy enough from either Phuket or Krabi and is something that you can just arrange a few days in advance once your in Krabi.

I have considered a few places to just relax by the beach where there will also be some nightlife, and have decided on Koh Lanta too!

Gettin back to Bankok, i would say the easiest would be to travel overland (maybe ferry back to Krabi) to Surat Thani and get the overnight train back to bangkok!

Hope this helps and anything ive missed im sure some1 else will help you with!

Adam

#2 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 04:47

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Best way to Kanchanaburi is train but there are not many. Easiest way is bus (southern bus terminal) mini van (Victory monument) both very frequent.

Suggest you get guide book and read up on the places between Kanchanaburi and Krabi as no idea what might be of interest - there are many places worth visiting and plenty of buses

#3 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 05:50

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Don't need a guidebook. Just go to Prachuap. Very nice beach town with awesome seafood. Best seafood in the country and dirt cheap. 3 nights is perfect.

#4 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 11:51

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom

whilst they may not NEED a guide book if they want to look at options then this is by far the best as they give no indication as to what they are looking for.

#5 Posted: 28/9/2013 - 04:35

• ricardo4

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Adam, thanks for all the info, its all really helpful! I shall take a look at Ratchanburi, maybe stop their on the way to krabi!

Amnicoll i think il get the bus that you mentioned, thanks for all your help!

Rich

#6 Posted: 29/9/2013 - 20:12

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom

Petchaburi to me has more to offer that Ratchaburi

#7 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 04:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SE Asia rough itinerary ... By aimbat19 on 28 Sep 2010 6 2541 26 Oct 2010
1 month rough itinerary, what am I missing? ... By whardy on 10 Feb 2012 3 1546 11 Feb 2012