Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

renting a condo in bkk near skytrain 1 or 2 month, how to do it?

• catweazle

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2013

arrived in bkk and now im looking for apartments/condos to rent for one or two month close to skytrain!

i can manage 10000 baht (less could work too) rent a month and yes, there are many options, but i don´t know the steps.
    somebody told me there is one central website, where you should start looking for offers, but i don´t know the domain.

the whole process seems to me very intimidating, sitting here at khao sarn and not knowing the first steps.
    i googled it and there are too many of those luxury apartments starting at 20000 baht.

any help is welcome, thanks in advance, especially from the expats and students living in bkk.

the apartment doesn´t have to be large, i get along with 30/35 sqm (but don´t mind 50 to 60 either).
    if you´re a thai and speak good english and u want to help me through the whole process (especially meeting the landlord and looking over the contract) i pay u a commision.

people tell me it´s possible even for short times, but how to start, i have no idea.

looking forward for your respones! :)

#1 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 05:50

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

There are a few ways you could go about it. If you're actually in Bangkok, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm guessing that www.mrroomfinder.com is the 'one central website' your friend is talking about (there are others but that's the biggest I know). That's mainly for one year rental contracts, but if you sent out a bunch of emails there's a good chance you'd have some luck.

Perhaps the best way would be to look for a serviced apartment style hotel or guesthouse and inquire about the monthly rates... I stayed at King Royal Garden Inn for two months, right next to Surasak BTS for 10,000 baht, though that was almost two years ago so the price might have gone up. I know Penguin House off Soi Ngam Duphli near Lumpini MRT has decent rooms for 8,000 a month... Another place I've stayed long-term is in Din Daeng, about 2 km from Victory Monument BTS at Prachasongkra Soi 25; it's called Living Room and they should have decent, basic rooms for around 6,000 a month. Those are just off the top of my head - hopefully other people with experience will weigh in with specific suggestions. You also might try posting this question at thaivisa.com because a lot of expats hang around there.

Another idea is to look for something on www.airbnb.com... You can find spare rooms for rent by the night, week or month, often in local people's houses. For example, here's a room in Din Daeng with private bathroom, on the top floor of some dude's house, for 10,709 baht a month: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/182804

Otherwise, I'd suggest you just walk around the BTS stations in the areas you like, stop in at serviced apartments and inquire about monthly rates. There are soooo many places like that in Bangkok... Just check them out in person and good chance you'll have luck. I'd say the Victory Monument area would be a good place to start given your budget... Somewhere like Thong Lor would be more expensive.

#2 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 06:36

• catweazle

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2013

thx for your reply, it was full of useful information. heres my follow up:
    wrote at mrroomfinder, no success, biggest problem: the two month period. they want 6 month or a year (or they don´t answer at all).

i wrote to the king royal garden today, let´s see how they react. Theres a 2nd one on the other side of the river now.

i think my best option right now is to go for a hotel and pay monthly, no contract and no deposit (and no ripp-offs).
    i like to have a fridge, wifi, a desk (gonna do some work) and some space in the room (25 sqm and up) and want visitors to be allowed, so let´s see.

i can manage 10.000 baht a month, that´s not too bad.

got a good recommendation last night from a friend. it is at sukhumvit 22. it´s called srinuan court. the place is full right now, but it seems to be very cheap and ok, considering its close to asok. bad luck for me, maybe somebody else will be more lucky...

anymore hotel recommendations are very welcome! maybe i try thaivisa too.

walking around and looking for places was a very exhausting and frustrating experience. i don´t recommend it. (one hotel offered a room for 42000 baht).

i´ll keep you updated...

#3 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 08:42

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

When I was looking for longtime accommodation, I used http://tee-pak.com web site. But only for understand how much will be cost room at a particular area. Then I select an area, write down names of some apartments (from tee-pak) and go see "in place". As a result I found very nice apartment which is not listed in any site. It were totally new (no one lived in my room before), 10 minutes walk from MRT. I have been staying here 1 year already :)

#4 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 08:07

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You might try Airbnb, I've noticed several apartments/condos listed in Bangkok

#5 Posted: 10/10/2013 - 11:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buying and Renting Out a Condo ... By Starving_Sound on 3 May 2013 0 1045 3 May 2013