Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

NYE 2014 Thailand newbie

• SophieJae

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2013

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Thailand for our first time on dec 26th to Jan 17th and we cannot wait. We are staying at a Muay Thai camp in Khao Lak for the first 2 weeks and then staying in Phuket for our final week.

We want to do something good for New Year's Eve and have been told by a few people that Koh Phi Phi should be considered! However we will still be in Khao Lak at this time and working out how to get to the island is giving me a headache! I don't know whether we should just head down to Phuket as it would be less hassle. There are still a few places I can book for 1 night on phi phi at a good price but is it really worth it?

I've also read that phi phi is not what it used to be, but as i said, neither of us have visited Thailand so don't have anything to compare it to.

Is the easiest way to get a bus to Phuket and then a ferry straight to phi phi? I don't know if I need to book in advance because it will be on NYE??

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks

#1 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 15:38

• Advertisement

• GrouchPotato

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2013
    Location Canada

Hey, while not particularly helpful, I too am going to be spending NYE 2014 in Phuket and was also considering Phi Phi. I hope that you get some replies, because I'm also wondering how to spend my New Years. I'm a 28 year-old female travelling alone and while I don't want a crazy drug-filled party, it'd be nice to have some drinks with a good crowd.

Also, if you and your boyfriend ever get sick of one another and want to meet up, feel free to drop me a line!

#2 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 10:43

• Jeremyc

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2013

I have been to Phuket and phi phi before and am also going to be there for New Year's Eve 2014 (yay). I would suggest heading to bangala road (patong, Phuket) for New Years they will have a much bigger party than phi phi. Do phi phi another time for a 2 day trip and make sure you take a day trip while there. Ratcha/ raya to the south is another beautiful place to stay for the night, I was able to book a trip last time with my gf for about 70$ Canadian. Hope this helps message back if you want to know more. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

#3 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 05:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.