Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

The road to Sangkhlaburi

• joaquin55555

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2013

Hello,
    I've just read the feature story : "The road to Sangkhlaburi"! Greatness... Now I was wondering if there's any chance you can rent a motorbike for a single way trip? For example 2 day rent and leave it in Sangkhlaburi?
    One of the must sees is a visit to Khao Laem National Park. But on there website they mention it's a bit cold (min 10°) in December?! So no swimming in the waterfalls?
    There a lot of tips/hints in the article but any additions will be highly appreciated... I'm planning this little trip around the 17th of December..

Thx..

#1 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 10:20

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I doubt very much that you'll find a company that exists in both of those towns that would allow you to rent a motorbike and do a one-way trip and drop-off.

Last time I was in the area was a few years ago during late December and early January. I found the afternoon temperatures perfect for swimming. Water was cool, but the sun was nice and warm. But with weather these days, who can say?

If you are going during a Thai holiday or weekend, make sure you have a reservation. The place will be packed!

#2 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 16:34

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I agree with Tilapia that you'll probably not be able to find a rental shop to do that.

What you could do is ride up and then throw the bike on the roof of a local bus for the run back -- you'd need to pay a surcharge to do so, but I think they'll do it -- though to be honest -- I'd just ride it back as well -- see half the sights going up and the other half going back.

#3 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 18:13

• joaquin55555

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2013

Thx... I'll let u know how we handled it when we come back! :)

#4 Posted: 7/10/2013 - 06:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.