Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Have you done sea kayaking in Phuket or Krabi?

• evrlast985

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2013

My buddy and I are going to Thailand for the first time and we really want to go kayaking on the Andaman Sea. We really want to go kayaking to some of the less touristy beaches and maybe spend 3 or 4 nights doing this. Does anyone have any experience with overnight kayak trips? I have not been able to find a lot of information about them. Really appreciate any help you can give me.

I have seen the sites for different kayaking tour operators but I am hoping to get some first hand accounts of what your experience was. Which islands should we target to go to? If not Phuket or Krabi is there a better way to explore some of the islands which are hard to get to?

#1 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 13:51

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Krabi would probably be a nice place to go kayaking, you might have trouble finding a guide to take you on a multi day trip but it could be possible. I have no first hand experience kayaking there so can't help on reviews etc.

#2 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 14:37

• boleslav

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

couple years ago there was very good operator on Ko Yao Noi, her name is Kitty, she rented sea touring kayaks, provided info on multiply days kayaking. It was less touristy then Krabi, we did just 2 single days, but it was very nice

#3 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 17:05

• evrlast985

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2013

Thank you for your responses, would you recommend making the bookings through a travel agent before we get to Thailand? Is it possible to rent a boat once we are in the city?

#4 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 11:27

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Easy to book over there. I've only done half day and full day trips. The kayaking at Bor Thor and Thalen Bay near Krabi is excellent.

#5 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 12:41

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Koh Lanta is great for these activities as well. There are hundreds of tiny islands all around the main island, that you can arrange to explore by kayak or just by boat. Easy to book when you arrive. It's also less busy than Phuket by far, and possibly Krabi, depending on the time of year, so sometimes you might get a whole island to yourself!

#6 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 13:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.