Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

aeon atm in sukhothai

• jennie2102

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2013

I've tried using the locator on their website and it just says 'locations unavailable'. Does this mean that there aren't any in sukhothai?

#1 Posted: 7/10/2013 - 19:21

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

hi jennie i have just looked up aeon , is this a Malaysian bank if so i would not think you will find this in sukhhothai ,in most small towns in thailand you will only find thai banks and thailand banks ATM machines

danny

#2 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 03:49

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

This is I believe one of the few banks in Thailand that do not charge to make debit card withdrawals. I think you can safely assume that if it says there are no facilities there are none

#3 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 05:20

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

the main AEON is JPNese and has shops in about any Asian country-they have taken over the old Carrefour in MY.In TH they also run a kind of bank OUT of the Thai Bank -club-they mostly deal with buyers on credit for their shops, and their ATMs do NOT charge the 150-now mostly 180THB extra charge-though some say this is partly recouped in unfavourable xe-rates.
    THUS just think logic-provided you can still do that in this age of anything is on the app/fone/www; their ATMs are in THEIR shops, now named MAXValue in TH, or now also many 7 lookalike conv.shops named Tanjay, and in MOST (that means not all) big supercentres of BigC and tescoLotus. And AFAIK Sukh has by now not such a shop/centre, but nearby Philoke has.
    And now more brain-training: IF you happen to be in Sukh in some cheap place-ask the people there what supercentres there are in town-maybe even, if they are able to, to point at a map. Only chance to find such an ATM would be there.
    Trusting that what is on www mirrors the actual situation is not something to be done without much caution for whatever in TH. I like that-maybe even all those youngbees are now able to start to think all for themselves., though seeing most Qs on this forum is not promising in that field.

#4 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 05:41

• jennie2102

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2013

There's no need to be rude/passive aggressive. I asked a simple question, having done my own research. Im here for one day only and had nearly run out of cash. Was simply trying to save myself a few quid in charges.
    If you dont like forums, ir perhaps, you don't like certain questions, then I would suggest that you dont reply to them! I've pretty much had my fikk of people assuming im some feckless teen bumming my way around using on my smartphone for guidance! Get over yourself!

#5 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 09:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.