Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Lanta or Khao Sok with kids?

• kseybold

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2013

I am traveling to Thailand with my husband and our two kids ages 7 &9. We are staying in Phuket for about 5 days (Surin Beach), and then have 4-5 more days that we are trying to decide between going to Khao Sok for some jungle adventure, or Ko Lanta for some more beach time and tying in activities like treks, snorkelling, fishing village etc.

Originally we were going to skip Phuket and go straight to Ko Lanta, but have been offered accommodation with friends at a fairly nice place at no cost, so feel we should do that, despite it being more on the over-developed side than we are looking for.

Are there other alternatives to Khao Sok that we should consider that aren’t too far from Phuket? If we were to do another couple of beach days after Khoa Sok, what would be our best bet – Khao Lak or one of the islands?

#1 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 17:54

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Lanta and Khao Sok are far apart. If you do Khao Sok then Khao Lak would be better.

Lanta is an ok island with nice enough beaches but it's nothing special.

Surin beach is a pretty good family option away from the trash at Patong. The only problem with Surin is lack of transport options. Mini buses and tours mostly run from Patong, Karon and Kata.

I think Kata has the best beach.

There are lots of snorkelling and kayaking tours avail from Phuket.

#2 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 21:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Lanta with kids ... By racheltanya on 2 Feb 2007 1 1244 21 Mar 2007
Khao Lak/Lanta/Phi Phi - help? ... By carlyb on 8 Nov 2009 0 2026 8 Nov 2009