Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where would you go for New years?

• pdropl

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Location Spain

Hello everyone!

Where would you go in Thailand for new years?

;)

#1 Posted: 14/10/2013 - 22:47

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

That would depend if you are talking about the Western calendar New Year and how long I had. I'd imagine you'd get a lot of recommendations to just stay in BKK and enjoy the parties in the city.

#2 Posted: 14/10/2013 - 23:24

• pdropl

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Location Spain

Yes, you are right. Sorry, I am meant from the 31st of December.
    Would like to spend it on the beach. I guess in better in the west coast due to the weather, but I am not sure if certain islands will be packed with European tourists (like me), and that's something I would like to avoid.
    I am checking the "best islands in Thailand" on this web and I am very confused! ;)

#3 Posted: 14/10/2013 - 23:40

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Total reviews: 3

Just curious why do you wish to avoid the Euros? there are really no best islands. most like Samui are over run most of the time. i avoid the islands myself. i like having fun but not with thousands of drunk tourists. most everywhere in the tourist zones now a days are packed with Euros. if you wish to visit Europe just come to Thailand.

#4 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 06:16

• pdropl

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Location Spain

Haha! That's what I am trying to avoid, packed islands. I said Euros because during this period of the year we have a long break and people tend to travel to places with nice weather. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against ;)

#5 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 06:23

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Total reviews: 3

i stopped visiting any islands about 2005 but even before they were a bit much. I have Thai family on Samui and then i only stay for two days max and i am out of there. If i wanted to visit Europe i would visit Europe not Samui, Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin , Koh Chang etc, etc. I came to live in Thailand to live with the Thais not the Euros. Sorry i can,t help much. where i tend to stay for New Years is a secret. When do the Euros finish their holidays?

#6 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 07:40

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

The islands have a lot of euros because euros like visiting islands and beaches. Thais do visit beaches but aren't into beach culture as much as westerners. Islands like Chang and Lanta are pretty quiet outside Xmas time.

Bangkok is the best for NYE. Ratchada nightclub area. Or Saxophone pub near victory would be another good choice. The Good View bar and restaurant on the river might be worth checking out as well.

#7 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 10:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.