Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where would you go for New years?

Posted by pdropl on 14/10/2013 at 22:47

Hello everyone!

Where would you go in Thailand for new years?

;)

#1 pdropl has been a member since 7/10/2013. Location: Spain. Posts: 12

Posted by caseyprich on 14/10/2013 at 23:24

That would depend if you are talking about the Western calendar New Year and how long I had. I'd imagine you'd get a lot of recommendations to just stay in BKK and enjoy the parties in the city.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by pdropl on 14/10/2013 at 23:40

Yes, you are right. Sorry, I am meant from the 31st of December.
Would like to spend it on the beach. I guess in better in the west coast due to the weather, but I am not sure if certain islands will be packed with European tourists (like me), and that's something I would like to avoid.
I am checking the "best islands in Thailand" on this web and I am very confused! ;)

#3 pdropl has been a member since 7/10/2013. Location: Spain. Posts: 12

Posted by theloner on 15/10/2013 at 06:16

Just curious why do you wish to avoid the Euros? there are really no best islands. most like Samui are over run most of the time. i avoid the islands myself. i like having fun but not with thousands of drunk tourists. most everywhere in the tourist zones now a days are packed with Euros. if you wish to visit Europe just come to Thailand.

#4 theloner has been a member since 7/10/2013. Posts: 116

Posted by pdropl on 15/10/2013 at 06:23

Haha! That's what I am trying to avoid, packed islands. I said Euros because during this period of the year we have a long break and people tend to travel to places with nice weather. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against ;)

#5 pdropl has been a member since 7/10/2013. Location: Spain. Posts: 12

Posted by theloner on 15/10/2013 at 07:40

i stopped visiting any islands about 2005 but even before they were a bit much. I have Thai family on Samui and then i only stay for two days max and i am out of there. If i wanted to visit Europe i would visit Europe not Samui, Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin , Koh Chang etc, etc. I came to live in Thailand to live with the Thais not the Euros. Sorry i can,t help much. where i tend to stay for New Years is a secret. When do the Euros finish their holidays?

#6 theloner has been a member since 7/10/2013. Posts: 116

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 15/10/2013 at 10:06

The islands have a lot of euros because euros like visiting islands and beaches. Thais do visit beaches but aren't into beach culture as much as westerners. Islands like Chang and Lanta are pretty quiet outside Xmas time.

Bangkok is the best for NYE. Ratchada nightclub area. Or Saxophone pub near victory would be another good choice. The Good View bar and restaurant on the river might be worth checking out as well.

#7 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.