Thailand forum

suvarnabhumi to kanchanaburi

• dolicadol

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2013
    Places visited:
    At least 19

Hi all,

We are coming to the suvarnabhumi airport on 11.11. at 15,30 hours.
    I hope that we will complete all formalities at the airport till 18:00.

So,my question is how to reach Kanchanaburi.
    we do not want to go with the van or taxi.

We would like to go with the bus from southern bus terminal.

Can someone help me.
    If I understand well:

we must take taxi to the southern bus terminal:how much will the taxi cost and how long does it take to get to the bus terminal?

next,i can not find any bus timetable to kanchanaburi?does anybody has a link?

I would appreciate any information

#1 Posted: 20/10/2013 - 14:45

• Advertisement

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Total reviews: 3

Take a taxi to the southern bus station. Should not cost more than between 250 to 300 baht and should not take more than an hour. Ask to make sure they turn the meter on. Should read the post about dodgy taxis at the airport. Not sure when the buses go from the station. Avoid the mini vans at all costs. They tend to be the most dangerous for numerous reasons besides being packed and hot. So just take a air-con bus no need for a V.I.P bus to get there. Buses tend to be every few hours. If you think i am joking take one and would love to hear your report afterwards.

#2 Posted: 20/10/2013 - 20:13

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

As of March earlier this year, buses run from Tai Mai (Southern) terminal to Kanchanaburi from 06:00 to 22:00, leaving roughly every 30 minutes and costing around 95 baht. More info here: http://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/central_thailand/kanchanaburi/kanchanaburi/all

It's almost 50 km from Suvarnabhumi to Tai Mai -- I'd expect to pay around 350 baht, perhaps a bit more if you hit traffic, and you'll also have to pay the 50 baht airport surcharge (unless you catch a taxi outside of departures [4th floor] rather than the official ground floor taxi stand) plus any tollway fees (at that hour you'll definitely want to use the motorway). So all up you should expect to pay around 500 baht and it should take about an hour, give or take, to get there. As theloner says, make sure they turn on the meter before you close the door. If they don't want to, get out and tell the official at the taxi stand who gives you the piece of paper, and then take the next taxi in line.

#3 Posted: 20/10/2013 - 22:18

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

I just came back from Kanchanaburi last week,I'll suggest you take a bus from the airport arrival exit to Mochit station only 30 baht,then take the sky train to Victory monument only 31 baht and ask for mini van to Kan cost only 110 baht.

#4 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 01:43

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

It may take 1 hr at the max to get off airport-people always get unrealistic idiot ideas here.The bus from Sai Thai is NOT 95-that was once when the 2nd cl. still ran. Tr-fish cannot continually update all its info. Smart ones will now find some site that the 556 bus links Swampy and Sai Thai-WRONG-that was once-till ARL started.
    The VERY best way is: ARL till end, Phyathai, walk north a few 100mtrs till more+more minivans appear-ASK (that means open mouth and not be afraid-people will grasp that whiteys will not speekee the Thai and there are enough people willing to help and translate) and find VAN=white minibus to Kan. Ev 20/30 mins, till about 21.00/21.30
    If you are the archetipical 1st time bekpekker with ATM-sized bekpeks: purchase more tickets to cover that idiot big things. Ask any JPNese how s/he manages to travel also long time with so little.

#5 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 05:37

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

The bus from Sai Thai is NOT 95-that was once when the 2nd cl. still ran.

That was what I paid seven months ago. It can't have gone up more than a few baht since then.

I'd prefer a regular bus to a minibus. Takes a little longer but way more comfortable. And if you have to pay for an extra seat for your bag, you'd lose the advantage of saving money on the taxi. Just my opinion though.

#6 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 10:24

• Alex_Design

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2005

This will be your link for all things related travelling Kanchanaburi and various other destinations in the vicinity:

http://www.kanchanaburi-info.com/en/bus.html

#7 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 11:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Self Drive Suvarnabhumi to Kanchanaburi ... By ano_1 on 8 Jan 2010 4 3170 9 Jan 2010
Train from Kanchanaburi all the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport? ... By manna on 4 Oct 2007 7 3712 10 Oct 2007
Suvarnabhumi Airport to River Kwai (Kanchanaburi) ... By GandY on 21 May 2011 11 6581 24 May 2011