Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best way to get from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang?

• buddhaland

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2013
    Location United States

I am arriving in Bankok at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on November 5 at 11:45AM, and need to get to Don Mueang Airport by 3:00PM to catch a flight to Krabi. I figure it will take me till about 12:45 or 1:00 to get out of Suvarnabhumi, which leaves me about 2 hours for travel time. Will I be able to make it in that amount of time at that time of day? What is the best way to get there? If by taxi, how much should I expect to pay? I would really appreciate some advice in this - I am beginning to think I didn't leave myself enough time to get between airports.

#1 Posted: 22/10/2013 - 11:21

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

I don't think it should take an hour to get through customs and get baggage but I guess it could. As long as your original flight isn't late you should have enough time to make your flight.

There are only really 2 options to get to Don Muang, shuttle bus or taxi.

Depending on what time you get through customs etc the shuttle bus might be as good as anything. It is free and unless has changed leaves every half hour(on the hour and half hour). You might be to catch the 12:30 bus but even the 1:00 bus would probably get you there on time. It shouldn't take any longer then an hour, and if I remember right was closer to 40-45 minutes when I took it.

Taxi might be a little quicker and allows you to leave at any time. Cost I believe is around 350-400 baht(12-14 USD) so not bad and if you are worried might be worth it.

#2 Posted: 22/10/2013 - 12:03

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

getting from the plane to the bus could well take an hour - it always takes longer when you are in a hurry.

With a clear run the shuttle bus will take about 55 minutes and at this time that is what you should expect.

As well as the shuttle bus there is also a mini van services from the front of the terminal and this goes when full and takes about 40-45 minutes at that time of day and costs 40 baht (you can always pay for an extra seat to hurry it up (indeed if you have a lot of luggage you may need to)

make sure you take an official taxi from the stand and that he uses the meter and you keep a copy of the booking slip so if he has a dodgy meter you have a record of the booking and action can be taken

#3 Posted: 23/10/2013 - 05:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.