Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to stay - a week on Ko Kut (Kood)

• ebrown12

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

I am spending two months travelling with my boyfriend through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia and we plan to spend a week on the beach before we fly home - I have decided on Ko Kut (Kood), we will be there at the end of January and from reading different posts it looks like it is best to book ahead. This is where I got confused, I have no idea where on the island to stay? We are going to be budget backpacking the whole trip, but i am happy to spend a bit more on accomodation for this last week, to get somewhere nice (maybe on the beach).

From the few posts on beaches it seems like Khlong Chao and beaches in that area are nice - any advice? If we are based in one place where is good, how easy is it to get around, how should we get around, motorbikes?

I would prefer to stay in a more local family run bungalow style accommodation than a resort, if my accommodation is not on the beach, are the beaches easily accessible or are they private (resort owned)?

A lot of questions, I know, but any advice would be much appreciated!

#1 Posted: 24/10/2013 - 13:19

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're on a budget but want to be on the beach, Ngam Kho or Dusita's are your best bets. If you don't mind being off the beach, there are a couple of places a 5-10 minute walk back off a couple of beaches, Cozy House (Khlong Chao) and Happy Days (kinda behind Dusita's).

More tips on my favourite pics on KoKut are here and a full list of places to stay on the island are here.

On the need to book, in January yes, that would be a good idea.

A wrap on all the beaches there is here.

It's a fabulous island -- enjoy!

#2 Posted: 25/10/2013 - 03:47

• ebrown12

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Thanks, any advice on getting around the island?

#3 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 14:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Kood Resort and Spa, KOh Kood, Trat Province ... By carmen on 27 Feb 2007 0 2069 27 Feb 2007