Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to go for 13 days in Thailand!

• giguerj

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2013

I'm planning a SE Asian trip in January and need help with the Thailand portion of my trip. My main priority is to get in a lot of good beach time but would also love to try activities like cooking, yoga, snorkelling/diving and muay thai. What I was thinking of doing was to start in Ko phi phi and explore the beachy areas around there like Railay, Ko Lanta and Ao Nang then make my way up to Ko Tao and then Bangkok. Is this too much travelling around for such a short time? Should I squeeze in Chiang Mai? I would really like to see their elephant park and I heard thats where the best cooking classes are.

I would really appreciate any itenerary advice/suggestions anyone can give.

#1 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 00:57

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

With 13 days, I think you could fit in the west coast islands + Ko Tao OR Chiang Mai -- but not both. You could do both, but in my opinion too much travel in 13 days.

You'll find cooking classes all over the country -- there's no need to go to Chiang Mai -- look into Time For Lime on Ko Lanta -- they get very good reviews.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2013 - 03:33

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"cooking, yoga, snorkelling/diving and muay thai."

You can do all those things in Krabi.

http://www.tigermuaythai.com/training/krabi-krabong.html

Lanta also has a muay thai gym.

http://www.lantagym.com/

13 days isn't much. I'd just do bangkok, krabi and lanta. Easy to do snorkelling trips from krabi or lanta.

cooking classes are hardly worth it to be honest unless you invest several days into it. You won't learn much in 1 day and you'll forget it soon after.

there's an elephant camp in krabi where u can do 1 hour rides. nosey parkers.

#3 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 08:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.