Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to go for 13 days in Thailand!

Posted by giguerj on 28/10/2013 at 00:57

I'm planning a SE Asian trip in January and need help with the Thailand portion of my trip. My main priority is to get in a lot of good beach time but would also love to try activities like cooking, yoga, snorkelling/diving and muay thai. What I was thinking of doing was to start in Ko phi phi and explore the beachy areas around there like Railay, Ko Lanta and Ao Nang then make my way up to Ko Tao and then Bangkok. Is this too much travelling around for such a short time? Should I squeeze in Chiang Mai? I would really like to see their elephant park and I heard thats where the best cooking classes are.

I would really appreciate any itenerary advice/suggestions anyone can give.

#1 giguerj has been a member since 6/5/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2013 at 03:33 admin

With 13 days, I think you could fit in the west coast islands + Ko Tao OR Chiang Mai -- but not both. You could do both, but in my opinion too much travel in 13 days.

You'll find cooking classes all over the country -- there's no need to go to Chiang Mai -- look into Time For Lime on Ko Lanta -- they get very good reviews.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 4/11/2013 at 08:24

"cooking, yoga, snorkelling/diving and muay thai."

You can do all those things in Krabi.

http://www.tigermuaythai.com/training/krabi-krabong.html

Lanta also has a muay thai gym.

http://www.lantagym.com/

13 days isn't much. I'd just do bangkok, krabi and lanta. Easy to do snorkelling trips from krabi or lanta.

cooking classes are hardly worth it to be honest unless you invest several days into it. You won't learn much in 1 day and you'll forget it soon after.

there's an elephant camp in krabi where u can do 1 hour rides. nosey parkers.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.