Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Maya LaMean on Koh Chang

• JamesAL

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2013

Hi,

Does anyone have up-to-date contact details for Maya La Mean Guest House at White Sands Beach on big Koh Chang near Burma? Any clues would be appreciated.

Best,
    James

#1 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 07:24

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Chang is nowhere near Burma. It's near Cambodia.

#2 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 09:23

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Assume you;re talking about little Ko Chang - Ko Chang Noi -- never heard of the resort - is it new?

#3 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 09:58

• JamesAL

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2013

Yes, I meant Cambodia, it was a not-so-Freudian slip.

#4 Posted: 21/11/2013 - 08:20

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Never heard of the GH. Outside of peak times just turn up.

#5 Posted: 21/11/2013 - 09:23

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Maya Lamean is the northern-most of a strip of budget/flashpacker places right on the beach towards the north of White Sands on big Ko Chang near Cambodia. The northern third of the beach is pretty nice and underdeveloped. I've had several meals and a beer or 20 at Maya's atmospheric elevated restaurant and have penciled the place in as my next lodgings at White Sand.

This place reminds me of Rock Sand nearby when I first visited. A real old style backpackers' joint. As such I doubt it would list on any booking site but no doubt they do have a telephone #. Unfortunately if Google can't find any contact numbers it may be a case of walk-in. Which is exactly what I plan next visit. If full there are similar places adjacent - Independent Bo, Little Chang Bungalows, Star Beach and Pen's Bungalows. Rock Sand probably still has a few inexpensive rooms (and its own website) - plus starting just to the north of Maya are the southern-most bungalows of White Sand Resort (although reception is another 400m north), the cheapest of which would be in the flashpacker range.

#6 Posted: 21/11/2013 - 16:31

• JamesAL

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2013

Hi Tezza,

Thanks for your blogs btw, enjoyed them. The phone numbers for Maya Lamean online definitely don't work/are wrong. So yeah, walk-in is what I would normally do, just dunno if my friend would go for that, as we're arriving on the last ferry. C'est la.

Best,
    James

#7 Posted: 22/11/2013 - 03:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.