Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 Nights in Bangkok - where to stay?

• ebrown12

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

I am starting my SEA trip with three nights in Bangkok and am very undecided about where will be a good base to stay.

From reading many posts and looking at a map, I am undecided between somewhere like Baan Dinso, in the old town area - the accommodation itself looks amazing, not too close to KSR, but in the old town - which is where it seems like most of the attractions I will be visiting in 3 days are. Only negatives, seem to be public transport, flying into Suvarnabhumi would have to make many public transport connections - which doesn't seem easy first arriving in a new city or a taxi everywhere.

My second choice is the Silom area, looking at Siam Heritage Boutique Hotel. I like it because of its locations on the metro lines - one metro stop down to the river for a water taxi into old town. But am I just going to end up catching the metro/water taxi into old town each day - when it would be easier just to stay there?

Any advice would be much appreciated?

#1 Posted: 29/10/2013 - 11:07

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

As you say the main difference is public transport, though I'm not sure what you mean by catching a water taxi into the old town -- do you mean going up the river to the Royal Palace area?

If your primary consideration is sightseeing rather than shopping, I'd say Baan Dinso is the better option - we have a detailed review of that place here.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2013 - 19:34

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Anywhere near the Skytrain is good really.

#3 Posted: 30/10/2013 - 04:49

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

As for NOW Bn Dinso is about the worst of all 3000+ places in BKK here. Its smack right beside the demo=MOB. Niot that its dangerous, but its noise 24 hrs full blast and a giant traffic mess.
    They advertise ''eco'' rooms for 650 bt and have many signs for lower price for extension of stay or long-time. Its NOT a hostel, nor really is its parent in a wooden house a little onward in that street, I really wonder why they ever got that label. They have giant mark-ups for bookable things like transp. etc. Clearly preying on ignorant newbees.

#4 Posted: 13/11/2013 - 01:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where to stay in Bangkok for 2 nights? Somewhere central, clean, cheap! Thanks! ... By oberik on 7 Mar 2011 3 3706 9 Mar 2011
Best area for a 3 nights stay in Kuala Lumpur ... By virusvaleria on 7 Aug 2009 7 14230 23 Nov 2009
6 Nights In Laos - Stay in Luang Prabang or See Vientiane Too? ... By nicoleslaw on 3 Jan 2012 12 2007 5 Jan 2012