Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 Nights in Bangkok - where to stay?

Posted by ebrown12 on 29/10/2013 at 11:07

I am starting my SEA trip with three nights in Bangkok and am very undecided about where will be a good base to stay.

From reading many posts and looking at a map, I am undecided between somewhere like Baan Dinso, in the old town area - the accommodation itself looks amazing, not too close to KSR, but in the old town - which is where it seems like most of the attractions I will be visiting in 3 days are. Only negatives, seem to be public transport, flying into Suvarnabhumi would have to make many public transport connections - which doesn't seem easy first arriving in a new city or a taxi everywhere.

My second choice is the Silom area, looking at Siam Heritage Boutique Hotel. I like it because of its locations on the metro lines - one metro stop down to the river for a water taxi into old town. But am I just going to end up catching the metro/water taxi into old town each day - when it would be easier just to stay there?

Any advice would be much appreciated?

#1 ebrown12 has been a member since 24/10/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2013 at 19:34 admin

As you say the main difference is public transport, though I'm not sure what you mean by catching a water taxi into the old town -- do you mean going up the river to the Royal Palace area?

If your primary consideration is sightseeing rather than shopping, I'd say Baan Dinso is the better option - we have a detailed review of that place here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/10/2013 at 04:49

Anywhere near the Skytrain is good really.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by captainbkk on 13/11/2013 at 01:14

As for NOW Bn Dinso is about the worst of all 3000+ places in BKK here. Its smack right beside the demo=MOB. Niot that its dangerous, but its noise 24 hrs full blast and a giant traffic mess.
They advertise ''eco'' rooms for 650 bt and have many signs for lower price for extension of stay or long-time. Its NOT a hostel, nor really is its parent in a wooden house a little onward in that street, I really wonder why they ever got that label. They have giant mark-ups for bookable things like transp. etc. Clearly preying on ignorant newbees.

#4 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.