Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

FDA Thailand Warns About Taxis

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013
    Total reviews: 3

It has been reported on the Thai News both in papers and tv to be very careful with Taxis in Bangkok. Story in the Pattaya News website today. Do not believe me about how bad the taxis are getting read for yourself.

#1 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 06:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

#2 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 10:40

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013

Agree the story sounds out of the ordinary but possible. it was reported on more than one tv station last night. As i said i just avoid the taxis altogether and have found easier and cheaper ways of getting around Bangkok. It does not take that much effort. Perhaps carry a gas mask next time in your travel kit.

#3 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 18:47

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Geez you are a scared little man. More chance of getting malaria than having some driver drug you.

#4 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 21:08

• theloner

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2013

Not scared of the taxi mafia i am just smart enough to avoid their scams. Little? You know what they say about small packages ? I can take care of myself just fine, thank you very much.

#5 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 23:27

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I got back into BKK just past midnight - grabbed a taxi and as we were heading to my hotel I was hungary. Asked the driver if he wanted to stop for a bite to eat. We stopped at a little chicken and rice place under a bridge along the highway. We both got a plate, had a little chat, I grabbed a beer. Driver even offered to pay (of course I picked up the tab - he was generous enough to allow me to eat on his dime). I'm not saying scams don't happen, but Bangkok is not a dangerous city. I live here, have been to Bangkok plenty of times, and never had a real problem.

#6 Posted: 10/11/2013 - 07:39

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Thanks very much for that story MM.

//

#7 Posted: 10/11/2013 - 08:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.