Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Inexpensive long term storage facility in Bangkok?

Posted by cloud on 2/11/2013 at 01:42

I need to keep my bulky winter clothes for 3~4weeks in Bangkok and searched some for this. It seems that the Suvanabhumi Airport has a long term facility but the charge is 100B per day even though it is long term storage. It means 2,100~2,800B. That is too expnesive to me.

I remember there was a storage facilty also in Mocit bus terminal. How much is the long term charge there? What about in the train station? Or other places?

#1 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26

Posted by captainbkk on 2/11/2013 at 02:51

both not a wise choice. Mochit only stores for 5-7 days max. anyway. (dont know what they do with stuff overtime.....
There IS a self-storage, like about any western country nowadays has a plenty, even with some ''bekpek''=not whole room, storage, named Bkk storage and in the Ram IV area beyond the ex Carrefour/Tesco hyperstores. Sorry, dont know about any details here now-go to a decent BKK expat forum like on thaivisa or also tripadvisor., where a billp posts.
Alternative: it also seems to me that nowdays these travelnewbiees dont even know the very basics of travel; about ANY local hotel or guesthse will do storage-sometimes even for free if you come back to stay. Around KhaoSarn tipically 10 bt/day or 50/week. Most newbees have enormous problems with this as they fear all kinds of scams and problems-thats nonsense. I have personally assisted twice in searching left items in such a place that closed down-and we went thru things that had left there for over 5 years-untouched. Seems the problem for non-payment for such a period far exceeds travellers idiot ideas.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/11/2013 at 08:02

http://www.bangkokselfstorage.com
Yeah, or see if your guesthouse in Bangkok can do it. Just avoid leaving valuables.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,818

Posted by denisdwest on 17/11/2013 at 22:06

You can store anything valuable in your personal storage unit. Very nice to hear it from you that you need one.

#4 denisdwest has been a member since 17/11/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 2

Posted by cloud on 10/2/2014 at 09:45

Returned from the planned trip and the solution was and is:

Keeping luggage at a lodging facility. In my case, the appropriate facility found was New Joe Guesthouse in the Khao San area, 8 Baht per day!

For your information,
Mochit bus terminal: 40 Baht for one day, The long term possibilty is questionable.
Need to be cautious, "The rooms in the New Joe Guesthouse are generally very small."

#5 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26

Posted by JGeastvan on 11/1/2016 at 03:53

Regarding Bangkok Self Storage, do not expect a refund from this company if you return early to pick up your bag! After being told when I dropped off my bag 6 weeks ago that I would get a refund for unused time, today I was told there is no such policy and no refund!

#6 JGeastvan has been a member since 11/1/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.