Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Posting Mail to Bangkok

• gregreg1233-

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

Hello,

Slightly random topic but I am sure there are a few expats out there that can help me.

I am looking to send a parcel to Bangkok (weighing roughly 1.1kg) from England. Does anyone have any idea what the best method to do this is/price/time estimation?

Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 16:31

• Advertisement

• gregreg1233-

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

Thanks for the reply somtam but I meant posting an item to Bangkok from England (not thailand to the UK)?

#2 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 16:33

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're happy to send it surface mail, take it to any post office or the GPO down near the river. They have a wrapping service and everything. Over the years I've send a few parcels this way and never had anything go missing.

You can get an idea on the difference pricing options here at the Thailand Post website.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 16:38

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ahhh sorry - no idea on that one sorry.

#4 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 16:38

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

surface mail does not exist anymore on such distance.
    in ANY post office-I guess they still have those in UK (extinct in many continental countries-just counters is shops left) you can send it- with choice of priority=what once was airmail, or non-prior, still by plane, but ''when there is apce'' may take up to 2 weeks longer and is clearly the slightly chepaer. THai customs may open it if they suspect nasty things-but that applies to to: alternative.
    Prices should simply on on royalmail www.
    Alternative are the much, much more expens. int. freight services like DHL etc. Decide yourself how urgent it all is.

#5 Posted: 5/11/2013 - 01:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.