Koh Kret

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Anyone been to Koh Kret ?

Did anyone find getting there easy ?

Is it possible to get a series of ferries from Saphan Taksin all the way up to Koh Kret ?

I have been once before and made a total hash of it . [Okay I listened to a Guide Book I shouldnt have]

Ended up getting a taxi that took us to the wrong pier and ended up long boating it .

Thanks
    ChangFai

#1 Posted: 11/8/2007 - 03:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Last time I went I got a bus up to Pak Kret in Nonthaburi and then took the cross river ferry from by Wat Sanam Nua. You can read the details on Ko Kret here, but I'm not 100% sure on those bus numbers -- you may want to check. Another option is just to get a cab to Pak Kret.

If you go up on the Chao Phraya River Express, it terminates at the main pier in Nonthaburi and from there you can organise another boat (most likely a longtail) to Ko Kret, but be sure to have your bargaining boots on!

#2 Posted: 12/8/2007 - 14:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.