Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ferry and taxi phuket

• bootscooting

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2013

would like to know if i need to make reservations in advance for ferry from phuket to koh lanta or can i just get a ticket at the dock the day of sailing. also would like to know what a taxi ride from phuket airport to phuket town late at night should cost. thank you

#1 Posted: 11/11/2013 - 06:39

• Advertisement

• lucymunday

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2013

It's easy enough to get ferry tickets from most tour guide places and will guarantee you a spot on the ferry. I don't know if you can get them in advance myself but it's probably worth just organising it a day or two before you want to go and avoid any hold ups at the terminal.

#2 Posted: 11/11/2013 - 09:04

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

BUY at any local agent-the transp to ferry is then included and its the same price.
    You canNOT even prebook-its not online. You newbees really have to learn (maybe ask granddad?) how this world once even went pretty OK without a www.

#3 Posted: 13/11/2013 - 01:07

• blyths24

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2013

I booked my ferry online

#4 Posted: 22/11/2013 - 09:31

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The Phuket taxi cartel charge an outrageous 550baht to Phuket town (other prices on this link too) http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-taxi-fares-crackdown-offers-stick-less-carrot-17656/
    That is probably twice as much as the same distance in Bangkok. I'd wave 400 at the Limo counter just before the exit doors at Arrivals - I have found in the past that they often come to the party well under their list (which is usually a bit higher than the taxis) if you show them the money.
    Unfortunately in low season the travellers' minibuses (150b) from the airport often don't run down to Phuket town and may not be running to the more popular beaches real late at night. The Airport Bus (80baht) to Phuket town's old bus station doesn't run after about 2000.

My experience is that ferry tickets at the pier are more expensive than those bought at much accommodation and travel desks in town and at the beaches (which almost always have free transfers to the pier too). One place in Phuket town has a good travel desk and prices in Phuket Backpackers'. This squeaky clean joint has dorms plus double/single fan and aircon rooms.

#5 Posted: 22/11/2013 - 21:14

• bareman01

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2014

I have used transfer service of this company http://www.thaihappytourandtravel.com/phuket/taxi-airport-transfer.html
    The service was very nice. You can see information from this given link.

#6 Posted: 30/4/2014 - 11:20

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Stay at kata beach for 1 night. Phuket town is lame. Most guesthouses will sell ferry tickets and thailand has travel agents all.over the place in tourist zones.

Just catch a mini bus to kata. Much cheaper than taxi.

#7 Posted: 30/4/2014 - 19:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Taxi share- Bangkok airport to Koh Chang ferry pier ... By Chasm on 29 Oct 2012 0 1640 29 Oct 2012
Ferry to Phi Phi from Phuket ... By jessie604 on 5 Jan 2008 1 2166 6 Jan 2008