Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accomodation in Ko Phi Phi and Koh Pha Ngan

• pedrorf94

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2012

Hello guys, I`m going to Ko phi phi over christmas (I`ll arrive there in the 23rd), so I would like to know if it is advisable to book in advance accommodation and ferry from Phuket, personally I would rather not book anything, leaving to choose my hostel when I arrive there. I`m looking for cheap accommodation so it can be a budget hotel or even a hostel dorm. I`m going to Pha Ngan (I`ll arrive there in the 29th) to the NYE Full Moon Party, and I have the same doubt about accommodation (Online I can only book for a minimum of 5 days, and I`m not willing to stay there for such a long time). And if Pha Ngan is too crowded I could stay in Ko Samui and go to Pha Ngan on the day of the NYE, is that an option? At last, I`m travelling with my laptop and my DSLR camera, so I need somewhere with Lockers where I can leave my padlock, is it harder hostels with those? Thank you in advance.

#1 Posted: 13/11/2013 - 14:42

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

I'd recommend booking in advance for Ko Phi Phi at that time of year -- it will be packed then. There are a bunch of cheaper (by pp standards) behind Tonsai village, many of which cannot be booked online -- they rely on walkin only, but by 23rd I'd expect many to be full. Will everything be full? Unlikely, but you may end up needing to do a lot of doorknocking as you'll be arriving at absolute peak season to one of the most popular islands in Thailand. We've a wrap on some of our favourites here.

For Ko Pha Ngan less of an issue but I'd still expect the island to be extremely busy as the NYs FMP is the biggest of the year so again booking would be prudent. If you can't get anything on KPN consider staying on Mae Nam on Ko Samui - though I'd stay well clear of the late night speedboats back -- I'd be planning on staying at the party till dawn.

More reading:
    Should I book for the full moon party?
    Do I need reservations?

Cheers

#2 Posted: 13/11/2013 - 17:21

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Hostel? Thai islands have very few hostels. Those islands would be a nightmare at xmas for rooms.

$1.80 that someone will die at the FMP for NYE.
    $1.15 that at least one woman will get raped
    $1.00 that several people will get drugged and robbed
    $1.00 that at least 100 will go to the toilet in the ocean or on the sand

Classy stuff

#3 Posted: 13/11/2013 - 20:28

• blyths24

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2013

I booked my Phi Phi and KPG accomodation a few months ago because of the high season and even then I had to try a few places as they were fully booked.

I say book now to avoid sleeping on the sand

#4 Posted: 22/11/2013 - 09:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Pha Ngan accomodation recommendation ... By simonmobiledisco on 9 Feb 2009 2 1831 11 Feb 2009