Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to dive in Thailand???

• Keelyb34

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2013

Hi,

I have just finished my advanced padi course on Koh Tao, I was considering going to Koh Phi Pho to do some more diving but I have read some bad press, can anyone suggest islands or places to head to to dive in Thailand. I am also going to Cambodia so happy to wait till then if the diving there is good...

Thank you!
    Keely

#1 Posted: 16/11/2013 - 04:57

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Keely,

When I lived in Bangkok, my friends in the Dive Club really liked diving over on the Andaman Sea side and particularly the Similan Islands. You can sign up for multi-day liveaboard dive trips out of Phuket - or check a bit further up the coast out of places like Khao Lak. Not that long ago someone on Travelfish won a free dive trip in that area and wrote about it. Maybe you can find that feature article and get some ideas there. Ta.

(this might be it...)
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripreports/8470_similan-islands-liveaboard-trip-report

#2 Posted: 16/11/2013 - 11:08

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_in_Thailand

Phi Phi is very touristy and crowded, but is near some of the best dive spots (Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Shark Point, Ko Ha, Ko Bida Nok, etc.)
    Best of all is usually the Similan and Surin Islands which are easiest to reach from Khao Lak on a multi-day liveaboard. Not cheap but well worth it.

#3 Posted: 16/11/2013 - 22:15

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Try Krabi.

#4 Posted: 19/11/2013 - 09:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.