Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to dive in Thailand???

Posted by Keelyb34 on 16/11/2013 at 04:57

Hi,

I have just finished my advanced padi course on Koh Tao, I was considering going to Koh Phi Pho to do some more diving but I have read some bad press, can anyone suggest islands or places to head to to dive in Thailand. I am also going to Cambodia so happy to wait till then if the diving there is good...

Thank you!
Keely

#1 Keelyb34 has been a member since 29/10/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 16/11/2013 at 11:08

Keely,

When I lived in Bangkok, my friends in the Dive Club really liked diving over on the Andaman Sea side and particularly the Similan Islands. You can sign up for multi-day liveaboard dive trips out of Phuket - or check a bit further up the coast out of places like Khao Lak. Not that long ago someone on Travelfish won a free dive trip in that area and wrote about it. Maybe you can find that feature article and get some ideas there. Ta.

(this might be it...)
http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripreports/8470_similan-islands-liveaboard-trip-report

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,630
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 16/11/2013 at 22:15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_in_Thailand

Phi Phi is very touristy and crowded, but is near some of the best dive spots (Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Shark Point, Ko Ha, Ko Bida Nok, etc.)
Best of all is usually the Similan and Surin Islands which are easiest to reach from Khao Lak on a multi-day liveaboard. Not cheap but well worth it.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/11/2013 at 09:37

Try Krabi.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.