Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

October in

• katie304

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2007

Hi I am traveling for 2 weeks in Thailand this October for my first time. I am interested in seeing as much as possible/realistic. I would love to go north to Chiang Mai and or Chiang Rai and and also see some beautiful beaches. I do enjoy getting off the beaten track. Any suggestions on destinations considering the month and time of travel?

#1 Posted: 14/8/2007 - 02:34

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Katie,

The best place to start for this type of information are our Trip planners for Thailand. They'll give you an idea of the highlights and how long you'll need to see them.

More questions - ask away!

#2 Posted: 15/8/2007 - 06:44

• planetclare

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 4

A friend and I are also going for the first time for two weeks at the end of October, and we've finally managed to settle on an itinerary. We're planning to do about 3 days each in Bangkok, Chiang Mai (with an overnight to Chiang Dao) and Ko Lanta. Not sure we'll really be getting off the beaten track all that much, but it should be a good mix of cities, mountains and beaches. Have fun planning!

Clare

#3 Posted: 15/8/2007 - 22:19

• ChrisMcG5

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2007

Hi I pland to go to Thailand this October as well, my girlfriend has said that she wants to go to Kao Tao to complete her scuba licnece, but I was wondering about the other islands. Where do I begin to select the islands to go to? Any experiences of secluded islands and any trips/trails through Thailand would be much appreciated.

#4 Posted: 16/8/2007 - 19:57

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd recommend that while there you keep a close eye on the weather in different areas, and keep your options open. I used to live a little south of Hua Hin, outside of Lopburi, and in Prachinburi, and in October we used to have torrential tropical storms and a lot of flooding that would close roads and, sometimes, the trains.

When it wasn't raining (and it wasn't raining all the time), the weather was glorious.

#5 Posted: 17/8/2007 - 01:09

• ChrisMcG5

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2007

Hi Tilapia,

Thank you very much for the advice. I am looking forward to going. I hope to go up north. To do some trekking, then come down south to the islands. Thanks again.

#6 Posted: 17/8/2007 - 16:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.