Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

travelling thailand for 3 weeks december 13/january 14

Posted by thelittlehobo10 on 19/11/2013 at 09:48

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice/info/tips on thailand

travelling there with my partner fore 3 weeks on 26th December, will be flying into phuket staying there for one night only as will be back at the end of our holiday if keen on the place, from there we will go to koh phi phi for 2 nights and then onto krabi for a week - will be using krabi as a base for doing some day trips to some of the other islands. planning to spend new years eve in au nang, is it any good???? after the new year we head to chiang mai for a few days (internal flight is booked)

there after we have no other plans made, or no flights booked, etc?

we want to go to bangkok, do a national park and the historic city down by bangkok, maybe visit koh samui if we have time also.

im worried as its peak season will we be okay leaving it on the long finger or should i book ferry tickets etc for island hopping, should i think about booking tours or will we have no problem booking them out there? i dont want to have my itinerary complety arranged, would like some spontanity to the trip.

any advice/recommendations welcome

#1 thelittlehobo10 has been a member since 19/11/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/11/2013 at 10:15

1 no probs booking tours there. travel agents everywhere.
2 ao nang is nothing special but krabi has some awesome tours = ko hong best beach in thailand imo, bor thor and thalen kayaking are good, khlong thom crystal lagoon and hotsprings is good plus poda and gai islands.

3 Bangkok is a lot of fun at night but days are real stinkers. National Museum is good near the Grand Palace. Siam Niramit show at night is a very good cultural dance show plus dinner. Streed food everywhere is tasty.

4 Samui is no better than Krabi and more expensive. Don't think it's worth it.

5 Do a trip to kanchanburi from bangkok including erawan wateralls. easy to book tour from bangkok.

6 it's peak season so do book all your flights plus the first 3 nights accomodation. Phi Phi will be packed at that time of year. It's a bit of a rip off IMO.

7 Trang islands are nice and much more quiet if you want something different or even Lanta which can be reached via boat from Phi Phi or Ao Nang.

phuket-pp-lanta (daytrip to trang islands)- ao nang - bangkok - kanchanaburi-bangkok

that's easy doable.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by thelittlehobo10 on 23/11/2013 at 09:27

great advice, cheers :)

#3 thelittlehobo10 has been a member since 19/11/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.