Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Paradise Pearl Phi Phi: changed by new owners?!

• asschouw

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I'm planning to go to Paradise Pearl Bungalow in Dec. and I contacted the Paradise Resort, as I couldn't get hold of Paradise Pearl Bungalow. They told me the Paradise Pearl Bungalow has new (Thai) owners. Currently they have no email, so you can only contact them by phone. Has anybody stayed here recently? I like to know if the quality has dropped or stayed the same... At the moment you can only confirm your reservation by phone, as they won't fax or email confirmations... Can this long time running operation still be trusted? Cheers, Arnold!

#1 Posted: 14/8/2007 - 04:30

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Arnold,

I'd say still trustable -- they've always been very flaky with email reservations as it remains one of the most popular flashpacker spots on the island.

#2 Posted: 15/8/2007 - 06:48

• smartcookie

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2007

I was able to call and reserve a bungalow for November. However, they basically said "call us the day before to confirm that you're coming" at the end of the conversation and didn't take credit card info or anything. So, I guess I would recommend to call a week ahead and then again a day ahead to make sure they're holding one for you.

#3 Posted: 17/8/2007 - 12:08

• McCaskell

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2007

Does anyone know the deal with Paradise vs. Paradise Pearl? The Travelfish entry is for Paradise Pearl but the website given is for Paradise. Yet the Travelfish map shows them as separate places. Any ideas what's going on here?

#4 Posted: 24/8/2007 - 22:56

• smartcookie

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2007

Pearl used to be owned by Paradise, but now its under new ownership. To make reservations, you can only call them directly (no email reservations or website). The phone numbers listed are correct (although the fax # might actually be the phone number).

#5 Posted: 25/8/2007 - 01:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've received a few emails regarding confusion between these two places. Hope the following helps; Smartcookie is pretty much on the money. these two places have at different times shared the same and different management, different phone numbers, email addresses and websites. When we last visited (earlier this year) they still had the same owner, but Paradise Resort was handling all communication. In theory it was possible to make a reservation by email for either, in practise, as some of the above demonstrate it was more complicated.

These two places are amongst the most popular among backpackers/flashpackers and they are pretty much full all the way across high season. This is why they don't put a lot of effort into communication -- because they don't need to. On walk-ins alone, they're full most of the time.

Anyways, I'm escaping sunny Jakarta tomorrow for a few days in Bangkok and will give them a tingle to find out what the latest version is.

Apologies for any confusion -- there's plenty of other options on Phi Phi!

#6 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 20:52

• curstilace

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2007

I stayed at Paradise Pearl last month, and I can't say anything about the quality before, but the quality now is great. Very friendly staff and nice bungalows. As the previous poster experienced, I called to make a reservation and they told me to call back the day before arriving there to confirm the reservation. When we checked in we had to pay a 500 baht (i think) deposit, and then we paid the balance at the end of our stay. This is all for the low season though, I'm not sure about high season.

#7 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 21:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.