Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai hotel recommendation - Dec-27 - Dec-30

Posted by leland on 29/11/2013 at 01:08

I'm looking up recommended places from the board, but it's a busy time of year. Wondering if someone has a few good spots for mid-30s friends? Require two beds. Prefer proximity to city (i.e. no resort out of town). If cheap enough we would hire two rooms to get two beds. Ideal budget is $100 USD/night or less. Looking for a three night stay from Dec-27 through Dec-30. Any recommendations? Priorities are:
-Proximity
-Cleanliness
-Aircon/comfort
-Place to read / chill out at hotel or nearby
-Unique/boutique/atmosphere/je ne sais quoi

Non-priorities:
-Luxury or frills

Le Meridien is booked, otherwise I would be doing that (have a lot of SPG points).

#1 leland has been a member since 21/12/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by goonistik on 29/11/2013 at 08:30

I liked this place. The only thing I didn't like was that my room was on the 3rd floor and I had to climb the stairs. But it is not a deal breaker for me. The place is in the middle of the old city so most of the historic sites and markets are a short walk away.

http://www.3sisbedandbreakfast.com/

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by leland on 29/11/2013 at 17:38

They were one of the few that I emailed before posting. Great minds :) No response for a few days :(

#3 leland has been a member since 21/12/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by leland on 7/12/2013 at 19:20

Ended up with CM Bluehouse, hopefully a good one. Reviews, like all, are mixed with the highest of highs and some lows.

#4 leland has been a member since 21/12/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by Captain_Bob on 8/12/2013 at 05:54

Be happy to have a decent clean central room booked through those busy days. Agree 3Sis is nice (put up my family there during a visit, satisfied customers) but not surprised it's probably booked through those busy days. CM Blue House is more like a cheap motel with rooms set along open balconies facing inward over an alcove with loads of plants and a tiny man-made waterfall. Nice leafy hanging-around space on the ground floor. I lived there most of 2004-5 and have recommended it numerous times since. As the name implies there is a pervasive calming blue everywhere.

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,873

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.