Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai hotel recommendation - Dec-27 - Dec-30

• leland

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

I'm looking up recommended places from the board, but it's a busy time of year. Wondering if someone has a few good spots for mid-30s friends? Require two beds. Prefer proximity to city (i.e. no resort out of town). If cheap enough we would hire two rooms to get two beds. Ideal budget is $100 USD/night or less. Looking for a three night stay from Dec-27 through Dec-30. Any recommendations? Priorities are:
    -Proximity
    -Cleanliness
    -Aircon/comfort
    -Place to read / chill out at hotel or nearby
    -Unique/boutique/atmosphere/je ne sais quoi

Non-priorities:
    -Luxury or frills

Le Meridien is booked, otherwise I would be doing that (have a lot of SPG points).

#1 Posted: 29/11/2013 - 01:08

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I liked this place. The only thing I didn't like was that my room was on the 3rd floor and I had to climb the stairs. But it is not a deal breaker for me. The place is in the middle of the old city so most of the historic sites and markets are a short walk away.

http://www.3sisbedandbreakfast.com/

#2 Posted: 29/11/2013 - 08:30

• leland

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

They were one of the few that I emailed before posting. Great minds :) No response for a few days :(

#3 Posted: 29/11/2013 - 17:38

• leland

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

Ended up with CM Bluehouse, hopefully a good one. Reviews, like all, are mixed with the highest of highs and some lows.

#4 Posted: 7/12/2013 - 19:20

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Be happy to have a decent clean central room booked through those busy days. Agree 3Sis is nice (put up my family there during a visit, satisfied customers) but not surprised it's probably booked through those busy days. CM Blue House is more like a cheap motel with rooms set along open balconies facing inward over an alcove with loads of plants and a tiny man-made waterfall. Nice leafy hanging-around space on the ground floor. I lived there most of 2004-5 and have recommended it numerous times since. As the name implies there is a pervasive calming blue everywhere.

#5 Posted: 8/12/2013 - 05:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recommendation for adding Hong Ky Hotel&Cafe Restaurant on your hotel list ... By nguyenquoctedb on 6 Jun 2008 0 2590 6 Jun 2008
Hotel recommendation ... By takezo on 14 Nov 2013 4 782 26 Nov 2013
Hotel Recommendation for KL ... By dmcrory on 3 Mar 2012 3 1695 5 Mar 2012
Hotel recommendation for Luang Prabang please? ... By EdwardTrunk on 13 Oct 2013 4 1029 18 Oct 2013
Hotel Recommendation in Siem Reap ... By Apoloplaza on 26 Mar 2014 0 625 26 Mar 2014