Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

In search of good weather..?

• eirengal

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

Hi,

I'm about to complete a year of travelling and had planned to spend my final week on a beach in the sunshine just chilling out. I'm in Ko Tao at the minute and, as expected, the weather is pretty miserable. It is rainy season though so no surprises. I believe that the weather on the Andaman coast is similar to here, however, and this throws my plans in the air. I had planned to go to krabi/phi phi for the last week of my trip. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go that is generally hot at this time of year? Perhaps ko Chang would be a better choice? Thank you.

#1 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 00:09

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Usually the weather on the Andaman side is beautiful this time of year, though I'm not there now so can't say what it's actually been like lately. I just returned from Ko Chang and the weather was perfect. No rain except for one relatively brief storm on one out of the eight days that I was there, warm enough that you still want to cool off with a swim, but cool enough that I got goosebumps while motorbiking the east coast.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 00:37

• eirengal

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

Its been pretty bad for high season. Rain every day according to some backpackers I've met along the way. Unusual for this time of year apparently. Just to be clear - are you referring to ko Chang, trat as opposed to ko Chang, ranong? Thanks!

#3 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 00:43

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Yes - Ko Chang, Trat.

I saw the radar after writing the above message. Doesn't look so good down there on either coast. Quite a bit of rain in the forecast for Trang, for example, over the next 10 days.

#4 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 08:28

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

That's funny. I go mid year when people are scared of rain and it rarely rains. Now it's raining in high season LOL. Double whammy with higher prices and rain there.

Such is life.

#5 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 09:59

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Leonard - how in any way do your comments help the OP?

#6 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 10:21

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

I'm yet to see a single useful post from yourself. Lots of whinging though.

#7 Posted: 5/12/2013 - 08:46

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Answer the question I asked you.

#8 Posted: 5/12/2013 - 11:58

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Why? You haven't helped him either. Clown. The lesson here is weather isn't that predictable and going high season when prices are higher isn't as start a move as people think it is. I've been going to Thailand every year for 10 yrs in low season and never had more than half a day washed out.

But of course China you're the expert on Thailand from your 3 mth trip of course.

#9 Posted: 5/12/2013 - 20:43

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I'm certainly not an expert and in the case I can't help the OP. The difference is when I can't help I don't choose to make a smarmy comment bemoaning the OP's dilemma.

#10 Posted: 6/12/2013 - 03:32

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.