Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Affordable Luxury Villa along Andaman Coast, Thailand

• reneejm1

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2013

Hi I'm travelling to Thailand in February 2014 and will have a few days at the end of my trip by myself, I'll probably be in Phuket so was hoping to see more of the islands. My friend and I are planning on visiting Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnan and Koh Phi Phi.

I was trying to find another island on the Andaman Coast where I could possibly stay in a luxury villa or resort that was rather affordable for two - four nights by myself just for some down time. Note that I'll be backpacking for the most of my trip spending between $10-$30 AUD on accommodation per night. But for the end of my trip I'm happy to spend up to $80(ish) (think thats 2500 baht) per night. Is there any place out there that fits this description and that anyone has a good recommendation of?

Happy if its outside of my budget or elsewhere in Thailand but all I really want is a really nice place where I can sit by the beach or pool and drink cocktails, relax and read a good book.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

#1 Posted: 14/12/2013 - 20:44

• Advertisement

• reneejm1

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2013

Prices are in AUD by the way!
    So looking at accommodation less than 2500 baht.

#2 Posted: 14/12/2013 - 20:45

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I too am a great fan of a few days in a nice resort at the end of a backpacking trip. But the Andaman is expensive these days and February is high season so I'm afraid $aud80 for a villa or similar aint gonna cut it.
    For instance I just paid $101 for a February non-beachfront aircon bungalow at Coral Island Resort just off Phuket . Now the beach is sweet (although popular with day trippers) but this resort is not above 3 star.

The other thing is February tends to book out - I had a number of places in mind which had no vacancies. I blame those Ruskies (no I don't - it's -60 celsius in Verksoyansk in February; I reckon they are real smart escaping to somewhere tropical).
    My suggestion is to get onto travelfish's linked place-booking site Agoda and see what's available. I reckon your best bet may be Phuket on the basis there's a huge amount of of good quality accommodation on the island. By the way, Phuket has many nice beach areas away from the big 3 of Kata, Karon and Patong. Hell, you can find some nice places at those 3 too.

Outside your budget - okay, check out Ko Ngai Cliff Beach Resort - nice island and the view from KNCR's high swimming pool is outstanding.
    Another nice island and resort a bit closer to Phuket - Ko Jum Resort on Jum's Ting Rai beach.
    The least expensive rooms at some of the Krabi area's East Railay mid-range resorts can be (relatatively) good value. These are often original backpackers' rooms tarted up with air etc and the resorts have put in nice pools. Plus East Railay is a real good base for the area. Check what's available at Railay Viewpoint Resort and similar.
    Not too far north of Phuket - check for the least expensive at Baan Krating high above Khao Lak's Sunset beach.

#3 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 20:27

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

80 gets a nice room but not a villa. Krabi is cheaper than phuket. Check booking.com for deals

#4 Posted: 17/12/2013 - 03:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beach In August: Andaman Coast vs. Gulf of Thailand ... By shaka317 on 4 May 2012 2 2521 10 May 2012
Searching for (really) affordable villa renting in Indonesia for July ... By augustinparis on 6 Apr 2010 2 2033 28 Apr 2010
12 day on andaman coast ... By shaggyinsea on 2 Apr 2012 2 1542 3 Apr 2012
Andaman Coast - now! ... By noflyzone on 11 Jul 2010 4 2911 20 Jul 2010
Andaman Coast ... By bliprogers on 2 Nov 2006 1 1946 3 Nov 2006
2.5 weeks on the Andaman Coast ... By mcshapir520 on 23 Jan 2013 1 1798 23 Jan 2013
ANDAMAN COAST IN JULY ... By charlottem92 on 20 May 2014 3 954 8 Jul 2014
Meditation retreat on Andaman Coast ... By NourishingRoots on 10 Jul 2014 0 344 10 Jul 2014
a peaceful week on the andaman coast ... By sheisaeval on 26 Jan 2010 2 1592 27 Jan 2010
6 days - Andaman Coast - places? ... By Sam2011 on 6 Oct 2011 5 3141 6 Oct 2011