Thailand forum

A good barber in Bangkok?

• ktontour

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Trivial I know, but in an effort to avoid a skinhead, can anyone advise on a good barbershop in Bangkok?

I've been unilaterally warned off it by everyone I've met thus far who's ventured a try.. but I'm 3 months in and starting to resemble Patrick Swayze circa Dirty Dancing... but with none of the rhythm or sex appeal.

With sincere thanks

#1 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 08:17

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Backpackers scared of rain and now haircuts lol

Just go to any shop.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 14:46

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

ever since my mid 30's, i've just gone with a #2 buzz cut. cheap and effective, and i save heaps on shampoo. but if you are looking for something a bit more sophisticated, picking just any shop might not be the best option, particularly if you aren't in a part of town used to cutting westerners' hair.

you might try checking out the shops in some of the larger shopping malls. they tend to be pretty good and will likely have someone who can give you exactly what you are looking for. then again, if you'll be in southeast asia for a few more months, you might try that #2 buzz cut. nice and cool in the hot weather.

good luck and let us know how it turns out. cheers.

#3 Posted: 16/12/2013 - 16:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.