Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

A good barber in Bangkok?

Posted by ktontour on 16/12/2013 at 08:17

Trivial I know, but in an effort to avoid a skinhead, can anyone advise on a good barbershop in Bangkok?

I've been unilaterally warned off it by everyone I've met thus far who's ventured a try.. but I'm 3 months in and starting to resemble Patrick Swayze circa Dirty Dancing... but with none of the rhythm or sex appeal.

With sincere thanks

#1 ktontour has been a member since 19/6/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 3
 Where has ktontour been? 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 16/12/2013 at 14:46

Backpackers scared of rain and now haircuts lol

Just go to any shop.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by exacto on 16/12/2013 at 16:25

ever since my mid 30's, i've just gone with a #2 buzz cut. cheap and effective, and i save heaps on shampoo. but if you are looking for something a bit more sophisticated, picking just any shop might not be the best option, particularly if you aren't in a part of town used to cutting westerners' hair.

you might try checking out the shops in some of the larger shopping malls. they tend to be pretty good and will likely have someone who can give you exactly what you are looking for. then again, if you'll be in southeast asia for a few more months, you might try that #2 buzz cut. nice and cool in the hot weather.

good luck and let us know how it turns out. cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,626
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.