Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Can anyone help with some visa info?

  • gratefulmam-

    Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2013
    Posts: 1

    Hey world, trying to get some info on Thai visas.

    So I'll be arriving in Bangkok on January 10th and doing a yoga program until the middle of April. Now, obviously I will have to renew my visa within this time frame. In order to get my visa before I arrive in Thailand, I need an onward ticket to a neighboring country (or wherever). What I'm wondering is - should I buy an onward ticket within the time frame of the initial visa (a 60day period) and change the flight date later to April after I finish my program, or should I just buy a ticket for April? And if I were to have an onward ticket for april from the get go, should I anticipate any issues with the consulate for having a leaving date later than the initial visa period?

    Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated as I am trying to get my visa situated asap.

    thank you so much!

    #1 Posted: 26/12/2013 - 11:54

  • Advertisement

  • captainbkk

    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012
    Posts: 472

    IMpossible to tell, as you-apparently this is caracteristic for yogi-s, do no give the full info.
    It depends on your nationality, the place/country where you apply for visa.
    and exactly HOW long it will be in april-note that 14/4 is Thai Nw Yr-the time to split, and you need to count the days-can do 60 days plus 30 days extension-pay at immigation, IF 1+2, are positive in yo
    ur case. Visit thaivisa.com-visa section for quick response and much more detals.

    #2 Posted: 26/12/2013 - 14:17

  • Captain_Bob

    Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 1790

    If you will already have a tourist visa (single entry) it will get you 60 days, then you can extend it another 30 at Immigration for 1900 baht. Then if you need a bit more time do a border hop to get another 15 or 30 days (G7 countries now get 30 days by visa-exempt land entry). Or if you get a double-entry tourist visa in advance you can just do a border hop and have 60+60 days which will cover your stay and save you some hassle and money. Requirement for onward ticket is dependent on which Thai embassy/consulate you apply for the visa, each have their own set of rules.

    #3 Posted: 27/12/2013 - 00:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee