Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Budget room near DMK

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Hi,

I have a flight at 6:20 a.m from DMK.
    Does anyone know of a budget accommodation for backpackers.
    Dorm with shared toilet will do too.
    I want to spend about 500 THB and we are three!

I shortlisted We Train International House and they have accommodation of 6 beds in a dorm at 900 THB but they are force feeding me to accept another room with 3 beds.

Can anyone living in Bangkok, call them and help me book 3 beds with them?
    Their address and number are as follows:501/1 Dechatungka Road, Don Muang,, Bangkok, 10210 | 02 967 8550

Thanks,

#1 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 02:38

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

there is not. We-tr is also not at all ''closeby''-you will always need an taxi to get there and out and these are scarce as not on main road.(discrimination-though much less as you yourself are likely doing) may also play a role. Thai facts.

#2 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 07:25

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Hi Captain,
    If I need a taxi to get to We-Train and also walk till main road to flag a taxi to the airport at 4:30 a.m. in the morning, then I don't think We-Train is such a good option. Can you suggest something else more on the main line than interiors and somewhere within 10 kms of DMK? Or do you have any other idea? What should I do?
    Thanks

#3 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 23:12

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

U want someone to book your hotel for you hahaha

What for? Are you going to pay them?

#4 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 23:24

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Leonard,
    I only asked Captain to suggest. Where does it say I asked anyone to book for them. Your name sounds English but do you understand any?
    It appears you did not understand the OP. I have booked 3 beds in a dorm with we-train but they are not giving the same to me in a room with 6 beds although that is available. They are forcing me to accept a dorm with 3 beds. I asked a Thai based person to help! (help is different from book, hope you will agree)

#5 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 23:44

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Do you? You ask for someone in Bkk to call them for you lol

Oops

Hotel policy is up to them not any of us. Must be your first trip anywhere.

#6 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 00:45

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Leonard,
    The accommodation I have requested for is available. Hotel does not say they wont give it to me. They just don't respond and keep telling me to take the expensive option.
    I have been a Destination Expert on another site.
    On one occasion I went to the Railway counter and purchased railway tkts for an elderly couple from England and couriered it to them.
    On another, I drove 20 miles in another city 200 miles from my home and organized dates for the train called palace on wheels for a group of tourists from UK.
    I am Indian and by nature VERY helpful.
    I believe that what goes around comes around and I enjoy helping travellers.
    Its ok if you don't wish to help. You don't have to.
    In India making a call cost 1 paise per second i.e. equal to 6000 minutes for every dollar.
    There is no cost or time involved.
    Infact it takes longer to write replies.

#7 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 00:50

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Your problem not ours. People on here give advice, not book your hotels. That is what travel agents do.

#8 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 01:43

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Leonard,

If you can't/don't want to help why on earth are you posting on this thread except to ridicule the OP?

Wait don't answer that question - and don't post in this thread again. Thanks.

Vaishali Agoda has a bunch of places near Don Muang but I'd be wary of what you get for 500 baht around there - I spent 600baht there a few weeks ago for a hotel (Max One) that was supposedly close to the airport - took a cab an hour to find it - and finding a taxi in the morning when I was leaving at 3am was a nightmare. I'd be inclined to spend more and stay closer to airport, or stay cheap and go into town. Phra Nakorn Grand View just south of the airport is supposed to be ok...

#9 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 02:59

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Thank you Somtam2000,

Your suggestion makes a LOT of sense. Guess I'll stay in town from where I can get transport.

#10 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 03:05

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Budget room for 3 month ... By urma on 2 Mar 2012 0 984 2 Mar 2012