Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Looking for a nice beach in Thailand with yoga and meditation classes available

• Itsme

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2013

I am travelling to Thailand in early January. I've been a few times before but this time am hoping to do something slightly different. I'd love to find a nice, safe beach to stay on with a laid back vibe, where there are some good budget accommodation and food options and also places to attend yoga and meditation classes. If anyone knows of anywhere that might fit this description I'd love to hear about it. Thanks :)

#1 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 07:50

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Google for The Sanctuary at the rather nice and very relaxed Had Thian on the lower east coast of Phangan. This place has yoga and meditation plus lots of similar activities. Accommodation ranges from backpacker thru to lower midrange and its restaurant is one of the most atmospheric in the islands. Had Thian has a number of other places to stay - one I can recommend is Beam which also has a good restaurant.
    5 minutes walk over the northern headland is even more relaxed Had Wai Nam. Wai Nam Hut is the only place here - it is backpacker in style and also runs yoga courses.
    Had Yuan is a bigger beach, busier but still relaxed with a good range of accommodation 10 minutes over Had Thian's southern headland. One of the first places you come to as you descend to the beach is Bamboo Hut with good budget bungalows and an excellent restaurant that draws travellers from all over the 3 beach area.

I have to say Yuan/Thian/Wai Nam has become my favourite beach area in Thailand. One caveat - around full moon party time there may be some pressure on accommodation, particularly at Had Yuan.

#2 Posted: 29/12/2013 - 23:30

• Itsme

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2013

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed reply. I had already found the sanctuary online and a little info about that area but your post helped to convince me to go and provided a lot more info than i had been able to find myself. Just spent 12 nights there and had a brilliant time.
    Thanks again, happy travels

#3 Posted: 16/1/2014 - 10:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Yoga / Reiki / Meditation in KOH CHANG ... By daiquiritoo on 24 Mar 2009 1 3838 14 Aug 2012
Drop in Yoga classes, Chiang Mai ... By jackymoon on 2 Nov 2013 0 527 2 Nov 2013
Yoga Classes/Studios in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos ... By hfergu on 31 May 2010 1 5000 2 Jun 2010