Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phi Phi to Maya Beach & back

Posted by Vaishali on 5/1/2014 at 06:51

What are the various transport options from Phi Phi to Maya Beach and back. I would like to spend a few hours at Maya Beach. Pls help!

#1 Vaishali has been a member since 29/12/2013. Posts: 57

Posted by Brute on 5/1/2014 at 10:43

If you have anyone with you you can talk to any taxi boat and most will take you there for cheaper than any of the tours, I think 200baht/person and we had about 6 boat hours

#2 Brute has been a member since 16/12/2012. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2014 at 17:35 admin

Top activity listed in the Phi Phi section.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Vaishali on 6/1/2014 at 03:13

Brute,
Thanks for replying. We are 3 adults and more interested in spending time on Maya Beach than in boat hours. Shall we hire a taxi boat for 200 THB each? How is a taxi boat different from a boat? Are taxi boat drivers looking out for customers and they hail or scream or just look at us ?
When is the right time to start from Phi Phi? and right time to return keeping in mind the tide at Maya? Is Maya a good beach from a swimmer's perspective?

#4 Vaishali has been a member since 29/12/2013. Posts: 57

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 6/1/2014 at 04:11

Tide times change everyday all around the world. Boats are always looking for customers but I feel they may regret it here.

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by tezza on 7/1/2014 at 00:44

Um, I'll add my 20 cents worth.
The Beach these days is a major attraction and tends to draw day-trippers from Phuket and Krabi not to mention PP itself, in huge numbers. Past few call ins to Maya Bay (my usual Phuket-PP ferry tends to do a circumnavigation of PP Ley before heading for the Ton Sai pier on PP Don) it's been boat-jam central at abt 1100.
My suggestion - hire a local boat from the bigger island to get you across there before the crowds (I'd be leaving around 0930). If you like people watching as I do, stay on for an hour or so to watch the circus.
The eastern side of PP Ley has so many gorgeous inlets, caves etc I'd be getting my boat guy to take me back to the main island via that side.

#6 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.