Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi to Maya Beach & back

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

What are the various transport options from Phi Phi to Maya Beach and back. I would like to spend a few hours at Maya Beach. Pls help!

#1 Posted: 5/1/2014 - 06:51

• Advertisement

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

If you have anyone with you you can talk to any taxi boat and most will take you there for cheaper than any of the tours, I think 200baht/person and we had about 6 boat hours

#2 Posted: 5/1/2014 - 10:43

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

#3 Posted: 5/1/2014 - 17:35

• Vaishali

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2013

Brute,
    Thanks for replying. We are 3 adults and more interested in spending time on Maya Beach than in boat hours. Shall we hire a taxi boat for 200 THB each? How is a taxi boat different from a boat? Are taxi boat drivers looking out for customers and they hail or scream or just look at us ?
    When is the right time to start from Phi Phi? and right time to return keeping in mind the tide at Maya? Is Maya a good beach from a swimmer's perspective?

#4 Posted: 6/1/2014 - 03:13

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Tide times change everyday all around the world. Boats are always looking for customers but I feel they may regret it here.

#5 Posted: 6/1/2014 - 04:11

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Um, I'll add my 20 cents worth.
    The Beach these days is a major attraction and tends to draw day-trippers from Phuket and Krabi not to mention PP itself, in huge numbers. Past few call ins to Maya Bay (my usual Phuket-PP ferry tends to do a circumnavigation of PP Ley before heading for the Ton Sai pier on PP Don) it's been boat-jam central at abt 1100.
    My suggestion - hire a local boat from the bigger island to get you across there before the crowds (I'd be leaving around 0930). If you like people watching as I do, stay on for an hour or so to watch the circus.
    The eastern side of PP Ley has so many gorgeous inlets, caves etc I'd be getting my boat guy to take me back to the main island via that side.

#6 Posted: 7/1/2014 - 00:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.