Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Domestic flights

Posted by georg066 on 8/1/2014 at 04:38

Hello everyone,

I am flying to Phuket on February and back home from Bangkok.
My plan is to first travel through the south and then fly from Phuket to Chiang Mai to explore northern Thailand.

I have already booked the flights to Thailand and back but I don't want to book the flight from Phuket to Chiang Mai now, because I dont know yet how long I want to stay in the south and i want to be flexible.

How do you usually book domestic flights? I don't feel to good about booking online in Thailand because I don't know how secure the internet connections are. Do you think this could be a problem? Would you just go to the airport on the day you want to travel and hope that there are still some affordable flights available?

Sorry if my questions are very naive ;)

Kind regards,
Georg

#1 georg066 has been a member since 22/10/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by DLuek on 8/1/2014 at 06:59 TF writer

Would you just go to the airport on the day you want to travel and hope that there are still some affordable flights available?

I definitely would not do that. If you don't want to use the internet, book through a local travel agent. But the internet is the same here as other places -- it would take a seriously super hacker to track down the credit card digits you enter on an airline's website if you're on a WiFi or 3G signal. I've booked flights and hotels online in Thailand many dozens of times and never had a problem.

Personally I like Nok Air better than Air Asia b/c it's usually the same price but they allow free check-in bags.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 8/1/2014 at 08:21

Cheap flights are gone about a week in advance. Booking things in Thailand is as safe as anywhere else.
I would say spend 2 weeks in the south but u didn't mention how long your trip is.

If you don't want to back track there are airports in Krabi and Trang with flights to Bangkok.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by georg066 on 9/1/2014 at 00:59

Thanks for your advice. Yes I think I am a bit over worried. I just don't like to enter my credit card information in a stranger's wifi.

Thanks for recommanding nok air, didn't know that airline.

I'll be in Tahiland for 4 weeks. The plan was to spend around two weeks in the south and two weeks in the north. But I would like to be flexible.

#4 georg066 has been a member since 22/10/2011. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.