Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

The Beach resort Phi Phi

• asschouw

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi there, has anybody recently stayed at The Beach resort on Phi Phi's Long Beach? If you have a look at the Travelfish review, there are a view review with pictures... one is very nice, the other one isn't... I wonder which one is closest to the reality and would highloy appreciate some feedback from recent visits... Cheers, Arnold!

#1 Posted: 26/8/2007 - 17:28

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Arnold,

When the reviewer visited the place, he wasn't able to see the inside of any rooms as the place was full. The photo on Travelfish is what he saw -- it's not supplied by the resort. Looking at those linked photos in the comments (I assume that's the pics you're talking about), the reviewer obviously didn't like the place and I'd hazard a guess that the bathrooms are not dissimilar to many places on Phi Phi. With the Global Reservations site, I'd suggest the pics may be overstating the quality of the swimming pool.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2007 - 10:50

• asschouw

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi somtam2000, thanks for your insights. We're thinking about staying here for Xmas, so I've already made a reservation here. The other option would be Paradise Pearl bungalows, which has new owners and can be only contacted by phone (no confirmation by email or fax possible, so a bit dodgy for Xmas period, as all places on Phi Phi will be fully booked). There's quite a bit of price difference between the 2 places, over Xmas: The Beach is 4600 Baht and Paradise Pearl Bungalows is 2100 Baht... I'm keen to know if The Beach is indeed twice as nice in terms of the bungalows, beach, staff, etc... Does The Beach has a homepage or email address? Any recent experiences are more than welcome, cheers!!!

#3 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 05:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.