Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

silk in thailand

• erinj

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2007

just wondering if anyone knows where I would go to buy silk while im in thailand?

cheers :)

#1 Posted: 27/8/2007 - 12:27

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi, Thai silk is very nice. You can buy it all over the place at different prices and quality. You wont have a problem finding silk in Thailand. :)

Ant.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2007 - 18:17

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Hi,
    It is harder NOT to find a place that sells nice silk...
    I have LOTS and LOTS. My advice is... the quality does vary a bit... but generally the silk is really good. I wouldn't buy from a Jim Thompson store... (they have great quality and beautiful things but the prices are very high. maybe go there to see what kinds of things you like... but then find similar elsewhere.
    All night markets sell scarves and all sorts of nice things... for reasonable prices (DON'T FORGET TO BARGAIN!)
    in BKK I found amazingly beautiful and excellent quality silk at Chatuchak Market (open on the weekends). There are numerous silk stalls, including fabulous quality ones (still less than the Jim Thompson stores)
    Happy shopping! ALISON

#3 Posted: 27/8/2007 - 18:30

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Erin agree with above comments. If you are in Bangkok you can the sky train to the Siam district. From there the Siam Centre has a great array of silk products at cheaper prices than Jim Thompsons House. This is more expensive than the markets but my wife and I found a great array of silk ties,table runners cushion covers etc.It was more a matter of trying to stop buying.
    regards

#4 Posted: 28/8/2007 - 06:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.