Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Cheapest and quickest way to reach Sihanoukville from Ko Chang?

• MartinaSmar-
    tiz

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2013
    Location Italy

Hi everyone!
    i'm currently in ko chang and planning to head to cambodia in a couple of days. A tour operator offered to take us to sihanoukville for 750baht, is that fair? Otherwise i will have to take a ferry to lem ngoep, a bus or taxi to trat, another bus to the border and a last one to sihanoukville,right? Anyone knows how much it would cost and how long it would take? Any advice is warmly welcome! Thanks :)

#1 Posted: 16/1/2014 - 08:11

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Why wouldn't it be fair? A mere $25 and you're not sure. What price do you want? $10? geez.

Any price is fair if you are happy with it.

#2 Posted: 16/1/2014 - 09:59

• donderkop

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

A tour operator offered to take us to sihanoukville for 750baht.
    That seems cheap.
    Traveling by boat, which seems to make sense? Or how?

Can you go by boat. Ko Chang to Koh Kong and then to Sihanoukville?
    I hope I do not make you confused.

#3 Posted: 16/1/2014 - 11:44

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

NO boat direct to KKg-of course not-ever thought about the immigration? Ditto for leaving TH.
    It MAY be a boat to the border post-Haad lek-after all that famous boat from Sih. also did that untill it went, but I have doubts about it-boats cost an awful lot more as bus/etc. Only answer can be given by that tour-agent.
    Most likely it is the normal way via ferry-maybe hired off van direct to border and then-maybe- ''tickets'' for Camb buses onward-in the hope they will accept them.
    Just plain thinking-those UK shouters that ''it is not much'' seemingly unable to do that, incl Susanna's friend- same principle as ''all-in'' tickets from Sih. to BKK-is that it will cost about 10-20% more as the total of single tickets. But IF it is indeed a direct van ferryquay-border, then it should be worth that. AFAIK there was only 1 BUS in Khmer border-via KKg(if at all)-Sih, by the most decrepit of Khmer buses-Viram Buntot or so.

#4 Posted: 17/1/2014 - 02:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cheapest and quickest way to get to Chiang Mai from KL ... By warmicon on 18 Jun 2012 9 2576 20 Jun 2012
Quickest cheapest way from Hanoi to Manila..? ... By trenchzip on 17 Oct 2009 0 1009 17 Oct 2009
quickest way from Phu Quoc to Ko Chang ... By Goldigga on 6 Nov 2010 4 4125 13 Nov 2010